on 29 September 2012
This book contains a variety of short stories by five different authors and each story is followed by an extract of each of the authors latest or upcoming novels.
I've discovered that I enjoy short stories more if I don't read too many together. This book was ideal for when I had a few minutes to spare and each story/extract was read and enjoyed separately. Reading too many together can lead to characters and plots becoming a bit of a blur.
Most of the stories are reasonable to good reads. The first three stories/extracts are by authors I recognise and it's nice to see a couple of debut authors added in the collection too. Christmas is one of the themes in the collection so it's a very suitable winter read.
This is a free book and definitely worth a look. It's great for when you fancy a bit of quick reading and for getting a taste of different authors work.
on 1 November 2016
A collection of four short Xmas stories and I'm not quite sure what the last bit was. The stories were all pretty good, I wasn't too keen on the final piece though. If you want some tales to read with a cup of tea, then you could do worse than this.
on 27 January 2013
A nice collection of short stories just right for reading whilst you can hear the bad weather outside.

An apt title for it! It was a treat to read this wintry weekend.

Different authors write, all of which I enjoyed but my most favourite was the one about the newly weds, not sure why but my favourite one.

Nice to be able to just read when having just a short time to indulge yourself.

I would certainly look for more by the authors in this collection.
on 13 May 2015
The few actual stories were ok, but didn't bother reading the blurbs on the authors or the "excerpts" on author's new books which you need to buy from Amazon, which took up more than half nearer to two thirds of the reading material in here.
So for me a waste of time!!!
on 11 October 2013
Although, I tend to agree with some of the other reviewers here,regarding the stories being more like introductory chapter parts, I still enjoyed the stories. I particularly liked the inclusion of twitter IDs ans the contribution of several Authors. My particular favorite was 'The Twelve Lies of Christmas' as the characters were believable and it was highly amusing in parts.
on 5 January 2013
Chiclit collection, by women, about women, plots centred on love. But don't be misled by the blurb "short stories". Most of the collection are first or introductory chapters to novels and at the end one is invited to buy the rest of the Book. Despite this, the collection is a pleasant and trouble free read.
on 28 December 2012
Lovely collection of short stories from popular authors. I disliked the "hard sell" with the initial chapters from the author's next book. It is something I never read as it doesn't encourage me to buy it and if it was something I bought I hate to re read the start of a book. Those chapters were longer than the stories themselves!
on 23 March 2014
I enjoyed the first story the most. Written with the Midlands as the setting related to the area and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the others too, but found the last story strange and missed most of it out as it wasn't my cup of tea.
on 19 February 2015
These stories (I read them all) are ok, I wouldn't have described them as heart warming and I don't think I'd purchase any books by these authors but they filled a couple of spare hours.
on 10 April 2014
Nice stories. Not challenging, but nice reads for when you're in between books

All well written with no hateful typos or poor grammar. Don't like reading first chapters of their coming books so skipped those