on 24 July 2017
I hate chocolate advent calendars and I wanted a proper old fashioned advent calendar for my children for a change.
this calendar was well drawn and told a story each day. the children loved looking at the pictures and were fascinated with what was going to be behind the next window something they never do usually. - and not a tacky cheap chocolate in sight!!
Lots of friends commented on how lovely it was and how they had not seen one as nice before.
Can't wait to order one for next Christmas. Might need to get some for friends as well.
on 8 December 2017
Disappointing, just a large flat card, overpriced for what it is.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 December 2016
Overpriced 'petrol station' rubbish.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 January 2014
I love advent calendars, but often find the pictures in the windows a little uninspiring. This calendar, however, did not disappoint. It is well made, good quality with themed country house pictures in each window. They tell a story of the house at Christmas, which I hadn't seen before - both the main picture and the smaller ones are well drawn, detailed and great fun.I would definitely recommend this to young and old (I am 43!).
on 3 January 2013
Really loved this Advent Calendar... the whole Country House theme was wonderful. It was exciting to open each window as the pictures were so detailed. Each picture corresponded to the area of the house too .... so you had the maid and butler below stairs bringing the food and drinks... and the children in the attic getting ready for Santa etc.
A brilliant concept and we will be keeping it to put up next year as it looks just as good now all the doors have been opened!
on 3 December 2012
This is a great advent calendar that we use on our kitchen wall for the whole family to enjoy. There is a charming picture behind every window and the whole family looks forward to seeing the picture. Well made.
on 10 December 2013
I love the old traditional advent calendars so I had to get this when I saw it. Where I live you can only ever get chocolate calendars. Hopefully the doors will close so I can re-use for next year. Only thing it is lacking is a stand or even a hole/hook to put it up so it has to be rested against something.
on 27 December 2012
An excellent quality advent calender with great pictures showing the house in full swing! Would recommend to count down to the big day.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2012
The sort of traditional advent calendar I like: a good, well-drawn cover picture and decent ones when you open the doors as well. It has been well thought out as the pictures also match the floor of the house on which you open the windows.

One gripe: it is hard to get the doors open, and would be nigh impossible for little fingers.
on 29 December 2013
The whole family was very taken with this advent calendar.
This review comes a little late for Christmas 2013, but we will definitely buy another calendar by this artist next year.
(I can't believe there is someone complaining on here that there was no chocolate).