Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now

on 19 November 2013
Good book to read on a rainy evening, doesnt require too much thinking and provides some entertainment. It actually made me laugh a few times:)
on 4 September 2013
This is a great story about a girl and her friends learning to ride. Horses! It's great. Even grumpy dad gets taken in by his wife's mad desire to own a horse. Things get to the point where the family end up with three of them; each with their own, er...'quirks'. If you thought riding was easy, this might change your tune. Enjoy!
on 2 February 2014
A fantastic selection of short stories. Clever and witty and a great book to read for anyone with a keen eye for horses. I'd recommend this book for ten-fourteen year olds.
on 14 February 2015
The whole book is 1st person apart from when someone speaks. There are not many pictures but those that are there are good and help you to get back on track if you're off track even if the drawings are in black and white. This isn't a true story but,it is possible. The introduction is very good,giving a good description about the horses and Sophie,the main human. This book is so good because of all the reasons I've mentioned.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2014
I fully understood the authors relationship with the horses and could only admire her resolution to keep going back for more. This book made me laugh out loud and cringe with worry as to what was going to happen next. A very observant relationship with her friends and family which we could all relate to as well made for a very good read
on 27 January 2014
Loved this book and could relate to everything written apart from the fact that I have never ridden a horse but my daughter has ridden and loved riding since she was 5. She now owns a horse and I am brave enough to stroke it. The author certainly knows her horses as I have known some just like them - very amusing book.
on 15 February 2014
Realy enjoyed this book, well writen & funny enough to make me smile. Would have liked it to go on & on. Im a slow reader but read this in 3 days (lunch break & bed time) young teens if in to horses im sure will like it. im in my 50's but still a kid at heart always wanted to learn to ride (never did)
on 23 January 2014
Not my usual read but quite funny in places, daughter enjoyed reading it. My daughter assures me horse lovers will smile reading this book as like her they will all be able to identify with certain characteristics in horses they have had to handle throughout their careers or even just for pleasure
on 4 February 2014
This is fiction at its best and, I love anything about horses. It's well written and I love the cover of the book; in fact that's what drew me to the book in the first place. I would recommend this without a doubt and will look out for more of Sarah P Gibson's work.
on 14 February 2014
Loved this book. A very easy to read book about the ups and downs of riding and being around horses and people.
I spent a lot of time while reading it with a smile on my face. If you spend time around horses some of the incidents are very familiar.