on 6 June 2016
Super boots. This is my second pair, my first (which I paid substantially more for) lasted 2.5 years - not long you might think - but I put them through a rigorous daily workout! Two long dog walks (winter, summer. . . ), gardening (most days or at least weekends for hours at a time), running through a muddy field trying to catch a naughty pony (daily), not to mention long walks on holidays. So, all in all, used non-stop in all weather conditions so although they've now sprung a leak (side of the foot, both feet) I feel I've had my money's worth. Not only that but they've been so comfy, I haven't touched my walking boots since I've had them. I have worn both Hunters (dreadful compared with how they used to be) and Muck Boots (comfy but a bit over insulated for all-year wear) and these score much more favourable on comfort, wear, durability, fit and value for money.
13 people found this helpful
on 23 October 2017
This was my second pair of these wellies and were a replacement for a pair I bought in 2016 and which split after six months wear. I chose a quality brand thinking they would last longer than cheaper makes.

These wellies were initially impressive: very comfortable and flexible to walk in and roomy enough for an extra pair of socks in winter. I used them daily during the winter months for walking the dog - so that would be a total daily mileage of around five miles. From May onwards the fields had dried up and I stopped using the wellies and wore summer footwear. In September, out came the wellies and I found they had splits in both sides, where the foot flexes when walking. Exactly the same as the first pair I had first time. I think there must be a manufacturing fault. Certainly they’re not worth the price.
7 people found this helpful
on 7 June 2017
I returned the first pair just after a year as they leaked, replacement pair are now leaking in exactly same place just after a year of having them too. They are robust elsewhere and have survived the rigors of been worn daily on a farm but are absolutely of no use if they leak. Described as a 'work welly' and not a cheap boot they certainly should at the very least be waterproof .
9 people found this helpful
on 26 March 2016
The best wellies ever. I cannot recommend enough. They are warm, comfortable - I can walk for miles in these, and they are durable. I walk the dog ever day over rough ground and most well known makes only last around six months, these have lasted over 12 months and have only started leaking from a small crack caused by getting catch up in brambles. I wouldn't buy any other brand.
9 people found this helpful
on 21 November 2017
Got these boots 18 months ago for dog walking. I walk 5 miles on average a day in them. They are comfortable to walk in with thick socks if you have thin socks they tend to get a hole in the heal quite quickly. I maybe asking to much but I got these expecting a good 2-3 years worth of wear but the seal went in the left boot heal after 14 months. I did buy a reseal and applied but that keeps going. On a positive I had Hunters before and they didn’t last 12 months before leaking. I have no just purchased a pair of Muck boots so will see if they make it past two years.
4 people found this helpful
on 7 July 2017
Excellent

I have the calves of a Russian shotputter and have looked at virtually every make of wellie on the planet. These really do accommodate larger calves and fit great

I found them better than my last pair of Hunter neoprene zip ups which were a bit snug but tolerable
5 people found this helpful
on 16 September 2017
Wow! Seriously impressive wellies, forgot I had 'em on. Sooo comfy, generous sizing but room for welly liners or extra socks. The rubber feels a lot more pliable than typical wellies, but these feel a lot less restrictive than the average welly. Ankles feel supported, feet don't ache!! Plenty of expansion room on the calves, if required. Using fleece liners so my legs don't feel too lost in these. Never knew wellies could be this comfortable lol. (Never spent this much on a pair of wellies before, either.) Bought for dog walking, these seem to tick all the boxes.
2 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2016
UPDATE: I did our local bird walk 4.am start until 8.30pm at night I took trainers with me to change into and ended up wearing these all day they were so comfortable for all areas of walking, boggy areas, rocky cliffs with my welly socks my feet felt cushioned and sturdy all day and no aches pains or blisters at the end of it.

I ordered a size up to cover me for when I want to wear the thick fluffy thermal socks with them. I am usually a size 4 so with normal socks they are a little too big but with my thick thermal socks they are perfect so glad I ordered a size up. The boots feel well made and are comfortable to wear the sole is nice and sturdy under foot in muddy fields. I have a large calf and little ankles this is the first pair of full length wellies i've been able to wear! Overall I am very pleased with these.
3 people found this helpful
on 15 January 2017
Having bought Dunlop, and Lowther (cheap off shoot of Hunters) and only managed to get a years use out of them , it seemed like false economy to buy another cheap pair of wellies to walk my Springer in. I was initially sceptical of paying £100 for a footwear , i ve never paid that much for anything that goes on my feet in my life, but seeing as my dog was still young, and had many a walk ahead of me, it seemed like a good investment. I also found that I was developing corns on my feet, due to poor fitting boots, and my chiropodist, warned me off poor fitting footwear altogether. Right from the start these boots felt right. I walk my dog on paths mud, grass, in all weathers, and they have been a godsend, I wouldnt buy any other boot. Not to hot in the summer, and with thermal socks, nice and toasty in the winter. Ive had them for three years now, and admittedly ,I wear walking boots when I can in the warmer months, but walking my dog for an hour a day for half the year.......well you work it out...buy them......you'll never buy a cheap pair again.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 November 2017
These boots split within a year. Both boots split in the same place and I only used them for dog walking. I thought at this price the boots wouldn't leak, especially not in such a small amount of time. I am really disappointed and won't buy them again. Such a shame as the design is good but the quality is awful.
3 people found this helpful