on 23 April 2012
An engagingly written book, Morgan's style is very conversational but that's often exactly what is needed in business books. Full of examples of how 'the machine' is wrong and how to avoid getting sucked into it.

This is my favorite marketing book I've read, each chapter is short and punchy but most importantly, actionable. I would recommend having a notebook with you, as when I was reading I would get a flood of ideas on how I could use this with not only my personal brand, but also with my clients brand.

I'm currently studying a BA in Marketing Management which includes a 'Brand Management' module, however I've found this module to be sluggish and too academic, failing to keep up with where the industry needs to be going, that is branding with customers not at them.

This has been added my arsenal of marketing weapons, I recommend adding it to yours before the competition does.
on 14 July 2012
This book is a great read for anyone wanting to know how to market themselves or their business to become a Rockstar Brand with a loyal fan base of customers who are waiting for you to show up!

John Morgan has a wealth of knowledge about marketing and breaks down this topic to easy bite sized chunks that you can read quickly, implement the strategies and move onto the next riveting chapter.

I particularly liked the titles of the chapters which gets the reader excited to read the content. John's approach is based on giving the reader information on how to use various techniques of marketing and uses business case studies to back up his points. John's style is direct and explains how and what to do in order for your marketing efforts to be effective and for you to be successful in marketing business.

I would definitely recommend this book if you are looking for some great marketing insights, strategies and tips to get you going right away with getting your business in order to get your brand out there.

Everything that John talks about is very do-able and as a business owner you may think you know this stuff but the way John breaks down, makes you realise that there may be a few things missing from your marketing activity. He also explains why you need to be marketing to your customers in a certain way, which is what makes the difference to your customers in order for them to be your loyal fans and advocates for your brand.

After reading this book "Brand Against The Machine" you will feel motivated to take action and become a Rockstar Brand in your industry. Good luck :)

Brand Against the Machine: How to Build Your Brand, Cut Through the Marketing Noise, and Stand Out from the Competition
on 28 March 2012
I've followed John Morgan for a while and have been in webinars with him, etc. Always liked his ways and was really looking forward to his book (in fact I pre-ordered well before it was out!) And I'm glad I did.

The book itself is a hook, you can't put it down. John's writing is entertaining at the same time he's giving you massive value. Great thing is you process it all better thanks to the informal and light but great style.

Brand Against the Machine is also divided in many small chapters, each of them focusing on one of the the things you need to do to create your personal brand with success; so it makes the book even nicer to read. I took notes and highlighted while reading to make the most of it; John just makes this easier too!

We all need a personal brand, the 80s are dead with it corporative approach and stale ways; we all want to engage and become fans of our favourite brands (see Apple, Virgin, etc) and John Morgan's book takes you exactly where you need to be to start creating yours. It coudn't be easier with today's tools and possibilities.

Can't praise this book enough; go and buy it, I totally recommend it.

Ximena de la Serna
on 15 April 2014
Brand Against The Machine, is an excellent book by John Morgan, exciting, fun and engaging to read. It gives a new fresh approach to looking at branding, along with the importance of it and the need for key communication in getting your brand message across. Understanding to what branding is, the emotion that helps convert prospects into buyers is key for any successful business in today's fast pace world and this book is not one to be missed!

There was a realisation for me that when reading this book in which John points out really well, is how if your competitor in your market is visually seen more than you, then they will be more successful than you, even though you are more skilled & experienced. It just clarified how visibility in today's Digital world is an essential to any business future success & growth.

What I loved most about this book was the branding framework, which is brilliant & easy to start using by implementing the ideas behind your own brands, from the first step of defining your audience!

Overall, I highly recommend this book as it is easy to understand the content while still being full of loads of knowledge without the jargon, illustrated with awesome humour and John’s fun personality and experience.
on 20 July 2013
This is a briliant book on branding that cuts straight to the chase. No waffle, just pure information that you can put to great use.