Customer reviews

Lovely Molly [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 27 December 2016
Grate came sooner than expected and its a creepy film don't watch it by yourself girls lol x
on 28 February 2016
Slightly weird but compelling movie that's very creepy at times
on 22 April 2017
Perfect. Great service
on 11 November 2013
When I first saw this in a shop I thought it might be just an ok film considering a lot of horrors nowadays aren't that good, but wow I was totally wrong it was excellent as I hoped it would be when I realised it was from the same guy that made the 'Blair Witch' and at a great price I was pretty chuffed.
Its the kind of film that is creepy and you don't think you will get to see the demon or ghost at all like in the 'Blair Witch' though because its very good anyway that didn't matter. But unlike the 'Blair Witch' the vision of the demon is shown in the film once but when u least expect it, which was great as it looks very creepy and because its unexpected this makes it even creepier and in fact I think it looked like one of the creepiest demons I have ever seen.
on 17 May 2017
This is such a weird film but what do you expect when the front cover says disturbing. If sickeningly disturbing was the aim then it delivers on all fronts. The story appears to be based around sex though - everybody and everything is obsessed with it. To begin with this obsession adds to the story but then it begins to detract from it. It is creepy but losing something in the second part.
on 4 January 2015
*****contains spoilers*****

Confusing and eerie are two of the words that come to mind, I am not normally disturbed by 'horror' films but this one did a bit of that.... A scene where she is stood naked on the front porch in the rain was one of them, and a scene showing he father after he had died was another, a 'real death' rather than a horror film death I guess you could say.

Was it supernatural or was it just her abusive upbringing coming back to haunt her fueled by her growing drug habit (I would go with the 2nd one) either way I liked this film more than I thought I would

At times I really had no idea what was going on, I think it is one you may need to watch it again to actually get all what was going on fully.

Not the usual horror film I would watch but not a bad way to pass the time :)
on 25 April 2014
I have to say I was instantly put off this film by the found-footage scenes it opens with. I feel the genre has become a cop-out for horror directors who can't come up with an original film-making style. I urge any other people who feel the same way to keep watching, in this film it is merely for the purposes of exposition - in fact I feel it is almost used ironically, in the same vein as REC 3: Genesis. What it sets the viewer up for is a concise and well-orchestrated exercise in insidious terror.

The film follows the mental downfall of the titular Molly after a post-marital return to her childhood home. When her husband has to leave for extended periods to work Molly is haunted by demons from her past: self-destructive tendencies which may be related to ambigously malignant supernatural forces. The intelligent film-making turns this into much more than it sounds. Sanchez again shows his ability to depict crumbling psyches under the thrall of something alien (whether internal or external), a characteristic that made The Blair Witch Project so horrifying.

It is the ambiguity which made this film so satisfying for me. I found myself thinking about this film for days after watching it, putting various pieces together and working out the source of Molly's psychic degradation.

The sound-design is particularly excellent and adds a ton to the overall effect.
on 10 April 2017
This dvd is ok it does work fine. But the film wasn't that good. Thanks any way.
on 10 June 2013
The movie cycles back and forth between a home movie video that displays the time and date and a bad hand held camera that doesn't. Tim (Johnny Lewis) and Molly (Gretchen Lodge) get married in 2010 according to the camera, but don't move into her parent's home until a year later in 2011. We know that her parents, Ben and Tammy are deceased...in heaven watching the ceremony.

Tim is a truck driver who travels. He has installed an alarm system, one that goes off on occasion as if someone inside the house unlocks and opens the door. But they seemingly own no gun living in a rural area. Hannah (Alexandra Holden) is Molly's F-bomb dropping, pot smoking, blond sister. There is a mystery concerning the house and its past that Molly doesn't recall. She is creeped out by being alone in her childhood house. All this adds up to only one thing to horror genre fans who have seen this recently in too many films. However this film doesn't care if you gather this clue early as there is much more going on.

To add to the uncertainty, Molly has a history of drug use and at times doesn't seem to be all there. Interesting film, although clearly not for everyone. This is a slightly more complex "ghost" story than the Paranormal series and fans of the simple hand held camera genre may not find this feature enjoyable. While the film is slow at times, it doesn't stagnate as every scene drops a clue or tells a story. It is a film I am considering watching again to pick up things I missed.

PARENTAL GUIDE: F-bomb, sex, full frontal nudity (Gretchen Lodge)
VINE VOICEon 27 October 2012
An atmospheric mood and committed performances from the two leads playing the newlyweds elevate this chiller beyond what could otherwise have been a fairly routine is she / isn't she possessed movie. Lovely Molly is not an easy watch dealing with some dark subject matter, and at times is quite unpleasant. It's careful not to overplay the supernatural card - although I think it does fall on one side of the fence overall, the portrait of Molly's mental decline is what drives the narrative. The brooding atmosphere is well set up, helped in no small part by an eclectic soundtrack by Tortoise. It would be a hard film to say I enjoyed though - SPOILER follows now: I come to a horror movie with a set of fairly low brow expectations, and the degree to which Lovely Molly becomes a painful tragedy took me by surprise. However it held me all the way through and I think it's a successful piece of film making. One criticism which again is a SPOILER: The reveal at the end was extremely low budget - as they'd decided to show the entity, they should have spent some budget to sell it to the audience better. It looked like a naked dude wearing a paper machier mask with red bulbs for eyes.