on 30 August 2013
I was not sure about buying this bag. It has the size I was after, and the pictures looked good.
On the plus side it is well made and feels sturdy. The outside pockets are useful for things you want quickly, tissues, mobile and travel cards.
The one thing that I dislike about the bag, is big gap at either end. There are 2 inches of zip sticking out, or you can tuck the end inside the bag, which makes it hard to use the zip. With a big gap either side, your content is open to the elements, and if you have a fair way to walk through rain, the content is likely to get soaked! I have other Kipling bags ( Elodie, Garan) which is made the same way, but the gap is less noticeable once the bag is worn. I feel it just makes the bag look cheap, as if the correct length of zip could not be found, and any zip with the right colour was used. So the bag looks a bit unfinished or sloppily done.
I am still unsure if I should keep or return it and get a different style of bag.
5 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 21 August 2013
I have been toying with buying a kipling bag for ages, but the price I must admit did put me off.
Amazon then came up with this bag in the sale at £26 . WOW am I glad they did, I don't think I will ever go back to a normal handbag again. Bag is roomy (I carry everything but the kitchen sink) and even though I carry alot in my handbag, does not feel heavy on my shoulder unlike some bags I have had previously.
My recommendation is that if you havent had a kipling bag before... go for it!!
on 15 February 2014
Bought this bag in gentle grey which is a lovely colour. Bag excellent quality and holds a lot. 6 compartments in total. 2 zipped and 2 velcro on front, large main compartment with usual organisation and large velcro pocket on back. Bag is a bit of an odd shape but it sits nice on the hip and is comfortable to wear. Only problem with the bag is the zip on the main compartment there is a large gap on either side which i am not to impressed with. Other than that brilliant quality bag and very lightweight.
on 30 August 2013
This bag turned out to be larger than I thought which doesn't matter to me but might to someone else. It is bright and has plenty of pockets inside and out to keep my bits organised. The strap is not too thick but very comfortable and of course lets not forget the cute monkey. I find the key holder very useful as it fits in the back pocket so easy to get at without opening the bag but still secure. All in all it is a lovely bag and at a reasonable price for Kipling accessories.
on 21 February 2014
Kipling bags are virtually indestructible, sturdy and fit for purpose. What I like about this one is that the length is good but it is not too deep, deep enough for a laptop, etc but the East West design really suits my needs. Fits everything you would need in your day.
on 1 October 2013
This is bigger and more cumbersome looking than I thought it would be. I did look at the measurements and it seemed OK, but the shape makes it look very wide so that it doesn't sit well. However, as I bought it at sale price, I intend to keep it for holidays when I need more room, and have bought a Syro bag for everyday.
on 9 August 2013
I bought this for my wife, her feed back is : the colour is more muted that you see it on the screen, where the yellow hue is strong, it is thinner than expected, the main zip does not close completly, hope will last, the reduced price is the correct, she would not buy it at full price.
on 20 August 2013
This is one of several kipling bags I have. I can fit what need inside and occasionally a book or sandwich. Suits my needs. The back pocket has a velcro and not a zip and for now it works well. Some people might prefer to have a zip on the back pocket. There is another kipling bag of the same dimensions with a back pocket with a zip. One thing worth noting is the zip in the main compartment. In this model the zip stops short and there is a little gap on either side of the main compartment.
on 19 June 2013
As the title suggests, I've got quite a few Kipling bags, and this style is a favourite of mine. It holds all my stuff and provides lots of organisation. Love the summery pattern, too.
4 people found this helpful
on 21 July 2013
I wanted a bag for multi use, big enough to fit my Dslr camera in but also carry the usual bits and bobs. I wanted it not to look like a camera bag though. This bage is perfect for the job, and at a reasonable price too.