Customer reviews

on 1 October 2013
As my current SoundForge would not work on my new windows 8 machine I decided to go for this watered down version rather than spend hundreds. Has same layout and features so was up and running straight away. I'm sure there is better music editor software but I'm happy with the one I know.
on 23 June 2013
I bought Sound Forge on a friend's recommendation - having used an earlier version years ago I remembered it as a lean, resource-light sound editor. Unfortunately this version is a resource-hungry snail, which insists on phoning home to Sony to validate my licence every time I start it up. So basically, Internet connection required folks.

Don't waste your money. Audacity has come along much further and faster than this, has more features, less resource use and doesn't crash so often.
on 19 February 2016
Has a clunky way of making cd's, but serves its purpose or now.
on 5 January 2015
This IS NOT a multi track recording studio. Not what I was expecting at all.
on 6 May 2013
Have used an old version in the past.

Needed to Upgrade as I had recently got Windows 7.

Works perfectly, with a few minor changes/improvements.

Thank you.
on 8 December 2015
I've used Sound Forge for well over a decade and it's intuitive interface and more than capable tool set are all you need to have control of your audio files and save as the format of choice. This version is astonishingly good value considering the price of the Pro version.
on 12 August 2015
I've been using it for few years now and as for domestic recording it offers enough to produce good quality audio tracks and it's quite easy to use.
on 17 November 2015
This is a brilliant programme but I am most annoyed at having to buy a new copy whenever I buy a new laptop. However, I cannot give it less than five stars.
on 10 February 2015
Works well on my Win 8.1. Had to upgrade from Sound Forge 7. Was a good price too.
on 4 October 2013
i thought it was a multi track editor so it was pretty much usless for me so i got a multi track editor but realise i need this one as well as the new editor wont record my mic!!!! so all tracks mixed down there and will mixdown the vocals using this :) it has quite a few nice sounds for sampling and i guess its a good tool for mastering your mix so yeah 5 stars for the product but 3 from me as it was not i assumed even though i am happy with it