Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 12 March 2013
This new brush works better than my old one ever did,very pleased with it.
Idea for cleaning the stairs and hard to places.
Arrived on time would order from them again.
on 17 July 2014
I purchased this Turbo Tool for a friend who owns a Vax U88-W1-B. This vacuum is what Vax call a "White Upright", and was bought from an high street store.

It was a couple of days before I could give the item to said friend whereupon, on opening the parcel, we found it didn't fit the vacuum cleaner tubing. What I found, from looking at the Vax Website, was that this particular Turbo Tool requires a "reducer" to fit that particular cleaner. (It seems I wanted the outside diameter of the neck of this tool to be 34mm, so that it slotted inside the flexi-hose on the vacuum.) Anyway, Amazon don't appear to sell the reducer, so I've had to order from Vax directly. The reducer part number, as detailed by Vax, is U88-W1-P.

I would add that the Turbo Tool I received appears to have been refurbished; although the brush and mechanism inside appear to be clean, the outer shell has scuff marks on it, giving the appearance that it has been used at some time or another. I purchased it as a new item, noting there were refurbished items for sale should I have wanted one of those.

I have read the other comments users have posted regarding the extra holes on the underneath of the unit, and have included a picture showing where they are. (NOTE: Amazon have moved the location for customer images, and my picture is now to be found at the bottom of the main product page - not as handy, or obvious, as it used to be!) They do seem a bit of a silly inclusion, if they reduce the effect of the spinning brush inside. Not being a vacuum engineer, I can't comment on why Vax saw fit to include them.

I also can't comment on the efficacy of this brush as it hasn't been used as yet; I'm hoping the reducer, purchased from Vax direct, will sort the problem and I'll update this post in due course.
review image
on 20 March 2014
I ordered this to clean my stairs as the Vax does not come with one and it was essential to cope with my two dogs. I owned an older model and the brush was great. This one however is of a very poor design, it will not properly fasten to the hose as it lacks the required locking ring and also it has air vent holes underneath through which the bulk of the air is drawn leaving insufficient to power the brush which stopped on carpet. Vax advised me to "put tape over them" which did help a little. It seems this was designed for an older or different machine although it is the one recommended . On a plus it was dispatched quickly and arrived on time. I would give it a miss to be honest.
on 27 December 2013
These tools are the most useful when cleaning the stairs, one thing you have to do is make sure lean that the filter on your Vax is clean or the turbo brush will stop?Maga
on 8 June 2015
The tool works quite well now that I have applied the fix to it. There is a hole in the bottom of the which takes the suction power away from the brush. Once I applied some duck tape to the cover the hole the turbo brush worked quite well. As others have said - bad design.
on 21 December 2013
A simple and effective replacement for tha advanced piece of junk that Vax currently supply.
Our lasted until just after the warranty expired and then went for a burton.
This simple one is a good bet at under a tenner.
Let's se how long this one lasts.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 October 2014
Ordered this for my Vax Air Eco upright for use doing the stairs.

Realized that the only tool I really needed badly was a stair one, saw this on offer and with it being a genuine item (thankfully it is and looks like it is). Order was placed.

Put it onto machine end with it being a 32 cm fit, it fits fine without any need for adaptors etc did wonder with my machine being a new one.

It spun round really fast then seemed to stop spinning this was when on edge of stair, but when placed on and not too hard a force put on it goes round fast as it should do. Think the trick with this is less weight on and it works better and also at a slight angle I found helps too.

Pleased with the item a genuine one and also the speed it was sent out, as only ordered it on Thursday and today Monday it arrived, just in time for a stair clean. As try as I may hard to do without this tool for stairs makes an easier job of it. Will update at a later stage re blockages etc but does seem easy to clear out such bits of cotton or hair that seem to get trapped around heads in our house.

Well worth getting on such a good offer.
on 6 April 2014
This device has a major design flaw. There are two slots on the underside of the black body that let the in-coming air by-pass the air-motor and as a result, the brush does not revolve. Fortunately this is easily cured by placing a strip of sticky tape over the slots. You also need to stick tape over the joint between the clear top and the black body part to cure air-leaks there. When that is done, it works fine. Either that or there are parts missing from the unit that I have.
That's why it gets only two stars.
on 14 March 2015
The part does not work properly at all but it was to long between purchasing it and using to return it, the part relies on suction power to drive the brush but there are two holes in the casing which allows the hoover to draw air in before the brush head therefor the brush doesn't drive. I purchased another part elsewhere that works properly.
on 17 March 2014
First, the pros: good price for a genuine part and dispatched quickly.

Now, the cons: spins fast & sounds promising but as soon as you touch it to the carpet/rug etc it stops. you have to touch it very lightly onto the surface and the brushes seem too soft to actually do anything useful.

Was bought for vacuuming cat & dog hair mainly from stairs - wish I hadn.t bothered, mine is useless; just change the filters instead.