on 7 December 2015
It's a decent package with some good extras, and it both looks and sounds very good. What all this can't hide is a rather amateurish movie, which was probably rescued by the editing, as much as anything else. You watch HELP! and its got a zing and a sparkle to it which Magical Mystery Tour sadly lacks.
on 28 January 2018
We got the DVD quite quickly... but we haven't actually bothered to watch it yet. My husband and I have both seen it before and since we love the music of the Beatles, we thought we should get it while we can for that moment when we're feeling nostalgic about it. Great songs, but really just a big music video. The booklet with it is minuscule, but nice. A shame they didn't add a few more pages so the pictures could be seen by someone like me with failing eyesight.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 June 2017
Wonderful film and excellent extras.
This film was way ahead of its time (just see how early Monty Python owed so much to this movie): wonderful music (in addition to the 6 excellent songs especially recorded for the movie); I especially like 'She Loves You' played on the fairground organ and the orchestral 'All My Loving' soundtrack on the beach. I LOVE IT :)
on 6 February 2017
Dated, silly and I still love it. Had it been aired in colour originally it would have had a very different reception by the critics. IT HAS "I AM THE WALRUS"! and John serving spaghetti with a garden shovel!
on 31 October 2017
what can any one say about the greatest band of all time. the film says it all. a treasure for the Beatles fan. lots of lovely Beatles classics especially your mother should know.
on 14 May 2017
well worth money its a really good film to watch really glad i bought it the beatles are very popular in our house as they are my ere in music so would recommend to anybody thinking of buying this film
on 10 November 2017
I had read a lot of mixed reviews about this and vaguely remember seeing parts of it on tv as a kid.

Having bought and watched it, I have to say parts of it are just awful. The songs are excellent but most of the film is self-indulgent rubbish. Clearly a number of substances had been taken when scripting and filming took place.
on 31 July 2015
The Beatles at their funniest! It was wonderful to have the opportunity to watch this film - funny and the music as always was fantastic! Love it!
on 31 December 2012
More or less every Beatle fan knows this project and the story behind it, how it was panned when it first came out; but it's a slice of a bygone era, the music is wonderful and the humour...works in parts. In this set are two DVDs, both the same content but one of which is bluray; facsimiles of the original EPs; full colour booklet and some other bits I could do without, but overall, a great addition for a collector.
on 19 April 2013
This is a really crazy film of its time with very great sound track.
This could be straight out of Monty Python's with its style!
The picture and sound has be remastered, which does improve the feel of the film, so worth buying it for that alone.
The extras are very good, with some hidden in the side shapes, which I think they called Easter Eggs!