TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 August 2017
A very good read, lots going on to keep me interested, I enjoyed this book very much. I find serial killer stories fascinating and this one looked at things from a slightly different angle, what if the killer they caught once, escaped? Where would he go, what would he do and how long can he stay one step ahead? The police and the FBI can't let him slip through their fingers again, as the life of his traumatised ex-wife and the welfare of his daughter hang in the balance. Great story. I did not like a couple of the characters though, which made it hard for me to root for them as much as I probably should have, but that's just my personal opinion, the story was great and I would certainly read more in this series.
on 6 December 2017
Normally I only add a review if it's a good one but I have to make an exception in this case. I was ready to give up reading any further at 25% but kept reading to the end hoping it would get better. It didn't. Also, I believe that you have to read the whole thing before you can comment. The storey was as boring and predictable as a 1970s pawn movie but without the action. The characters were steriotypical ie he man, damsel in distress and a policewomen married to the job. The evil husband didn't show up until about 60% of the way through. The storyline and characters were just awful. Don't waste your time reading this badly written book. I have read and enjoyed other books by this author so dont give up on her altogether just dont start with this one!
on 3 March 2016
Brilliant ....loved this book... Started a bit slow...but then boom..! Action packed page turner.. Decent read, not over in a night..a good juicy tale to get your teeth into. Not going into the story..but I would highly recommend it. Don't normally do book reviews, but had to in this case. Buy..you won't be disappointed. Now I'm off to find more books by this author..
on 27 May 2017
First book I've read from this author and I'm not sure whether to bother with any more or not....It had so many unanswered questions...as I was reading I was always thinking "why would she do that" so many things didn't make sense...they just were totally unbelievable.. The characters were so over the top caricatures of damaged human beings it was laughable.. Why on earth would Marion do what she did at the end of the book it was stupid ...there are mixed reviews for this and some of the bad ones say her other books are better so maybe I will try another ..wish I hadn't started with this..a decent story that should have been done better.....
on 1 May 2014
Could not put this book down the hook at the beginning was gripping and kept you guessing and wanting to know the answers..
A man is put to death for killing six children, whilst a nine year old girl is left in ER who doesn't know who she is, twenty years later we are now thrown into the heart of a family about to fall apart, but how is everything linked together? Not the way I was expecting.
They are slowly turning on each other, suspecting each other for things they may or may not have done and the twists and turns keep coming until the end. When you think you know who the girl in ER was and is , she might not be, what has the family done? It will shock you what they did and who.
Very well plotted and fast paced. Great characters and a good telling of the pain of each character bringing some sort of understanding to their actions.
on 12 July 2016
A perfectly believable horror story with an equally believable ending. Well crafted and developed with characters who came over as real people not paper images. Some other "chick lit" authors could take lessons from Lisa Gardner (Lisa Jackson ????) Not for her the pretty women who need men to justify their existence. Read the DD Warren series for more strong women if you follow this argument.
on 27 August 2017
I'd already read several of Lisa Gardener's books so thought this would be a good holiday diversion but I was disappointed. I think this was her first book. The plot was pretty good but I found the prose tedious - too much unnecessary detail. I'm gland to say her technique has been refined in the later books.
on 21 November 2016
Lisa Gardner has done it again. This book was so good I didn't get who did what until almost the end. A brilliant read as always, a must for lovers of gripping crime and Lisa Gardner
on 29 January 2013
From the first - to last page i was Hooked! I read it at every opportunity I had and couldn't wait to find out the next twist & turn. It is skillfully written and yet easy to read. My only difficulty was trying to remember the names of the many charecter's at the beginning, but the story was so intrigueing I was soon hooked. Lisa weaved so much detail into the plot line which made for an interesting read. I had no idea 'who dunnit' right up untill the end but I did find the ending slightly dissapointing but the rest of the book was fascinating. I am definately going to read all her books in future. A great book, buy it!!
on 22 July 2015
So disappointed. Very clichéd, sexual stereotypes, more mills and boom than the usual fab Lisa Gardner. It actually made me cringe in places. Didn't even bother to finish it. Can only think that this was written many years ago and only just released on Kindle. Really, don't bother. It only got the one star as I couldn't post review with none!