Customer reviews

Balancing on Air
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 29 January 2016
I devoured this in one go, up till all hours, I loved it, it's a brilliant, fabulous book, so much happening, blighted romance, corrupt business men, worthy heroine and a happy ending. I can't wait to read the rest of her work! In fact, I'm off to get another one, now, bye!
on 26 May 1999
What a marvelously witty, intelligent writer Kate Fenton is. I'd thought it would be impossible for her to match her LIONS & LIQUORICE, but this is every bit as good, while being very different. As a writer myself, I have nothing but admiration for the cleverly structured plot. A "lost love regained" story, Balancing on Air is the tale of dignified local radio broadcaster Rose Shawe, who once was a raucous, sex-bomb cabaret performer who tossed her red garter at a blushing young lad from Oxford. Not only is it a strong and satisfying romance, but a compelling tale of a woman who transforms herself--but never loses her passion and compassion. Worth paying the shipping charges to the US!
11 people found this helpful
on 22 July 1999
A sharp, funny and poigniant romance. I stayed up long into the night to finish this tale of a cabaret 'artiste' who falls pregnant and leaves her young lover. She goes on to transform herself into a respectable pillar of the community, only to find her past resurfacing in a quite dramatic turn of events.
8 people found this helpful