on 9 January 2016
Fantastically drawn and written introduction to the infamous suicide squad. For the 49p I got the kindle version for , it was an amazing bargain. Also the fact I can now use my comixology app to read them is ace!
on 17 January 2015
I have not read many comics/graphic novels since my youth but at £0.49p I thought I'd give it a go, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is as other reviewers have said full of fast action and mindless violence, but it is fun to read and the graphics are great. Harley Quinn is the star of the show. I read the kindle version and as other reviewers have said it is less than useless on that device. I have a Kindle Touch. But on my iPad it's great. I love how you can highlight each panel and then swipe to move on to the next. I have now downloaded other graphic novels so it's got me hooked I think.

I would have given it 5 stars but for that fact it is pointless trying to read it on a kindle and this isn't made clear anywhere.
on 5 October 2012
I ordered this from Amazon when it first came out, but for some reason they could not locate the stock so had to order from elsewhere. I am glad that I did as this is, by far, one of the best offerings to come out of the New 52 (and to be honest, the New 52 is full of amazing titles so that is saying something).

The core of the story is a team of super-villains are assembled and promised time off their prison sentence in exchange for completing suicide missions. Considering their prison sentence is death row they don't really have much of a choice.

From start to finish this comic is filled with gorgeous artwork that captures the gritty nature of the story being told and the fights constantly going on throughout every turn of the page.

As one would expect, it has the reader forgetting the `good guys' are actually a group of bad guys and really has the reader pulling for them to succeed. A very well done piece and I look forward to the next instalment.
on 18 June 2013
As a new reader to comics (1-2 years) I have been reading the big titles like JLA, Aquaman, JLA Dark, Animal Man etc, but Suicide Squad is by far the most entertaining and edge of seat story line! It is not all about the action and fighting but develops character interaction between the core 3/4 members of Suicide Squad - another good reason to like it as it doesnt introduce a ton of new characters but still keeps it interesting through the suicide missions introducing new people.

The writer has reinvented Harley Quinn while maintaining her core traits as appearing "naive" and have loved the banter between her and the squad and allowing the "villians" to achieve redemption through battling the bad guys forgetting they themselves are villians! For a new reader the story is very easy to follow unlike some other new 52 volume ones.

Cant recommend it highly enough and felt compelled to write my first ever review...thats how good it is!
on 20 August 2015
Love the content but this review is about the delivery on my device. I am reading it on a kindle paperwhite, I knew it was going to be black and white but I need to zoom in on every page to see the panels plus certain characters speech bubbles are dark writing against a dark fill which makes then impossible to read on a black and white screen. So in summary - chose how you read this carefully.
on 13 October 2014
Enjoyed it enough as far as I got (page 29 out of 158) which was saying something as the Kindle app doesn't allow you to zoom in. Small writing up to that point was just about legible but the next page, forget it. Downloaded the Kindle For PC reader but that failed to download the volume with an error message: "The item is not compatible with this device". Glad I didn't spend much money on it but had I known the Kindle app was incapable of allowing you to read comics / graphic novels on it, I wouldn't have bothered at all.
on 18 December 2014
still quite new to the whole graphic novel scene, but i loved this one. fast paced, great art work and great writing. the interaction between characters was fun and had comedic elements .

Harley and El Diablo are the stand protagonists for me, read and enjoy!
on 27 May 2014
I have been pretty eager to read this one since way back when I first started the New 52 as the SS or Amanda Waller would pop up here and there in the other series I was reading and I didn't have a clue who she/they were. I absolutely loved this!! It was really creepy and with a team of bad guys has stuff going on that you just don't normally find in a superteam book. I must say I am fond of team-ups but since I didn't really know any of these guys except for Harley Quinn as she's appeared in the Batman books I've read to date I wasn't sure how they'd go over with me. It was a bit tough getting used to who was who at first but characters started to stand out and by the end of the book major players are certainly prominent in my mind now. What's pretty cool, but disconcerting also, is that being villains under threat of death for not complying you never know when a team member is going to end up dead and that really changes the dynamics of a read compared to you're usual superhero team when you know everybody is going to be okay unless word gets out somebody "major" is going to die! These guys are viscous though and I have a like/hate feeling for them. The King Shark/Yo-Yo thing really creeped me out!! Harley certainly comes out on top as the main character here and I'm so thrilled to get her complete backstory presented here with her romance with Joker and change into Harley. Also glad to have the extra bits of the Joker's face story added to that whole arc, which I've read, but these little details were missing. Now to find out just exactly how Joker gets his face back, what is up with this Basilisk group and who will comprise the Suicide Squad on the next mission. I purchased the ebook of this when the $1.99 sale was on but I'm fully prepared to continue to buy this series. I think I could possibly like it along the lines of JLD. I guess I like the dark themes and plots!
on 4 December 2013
Interesting premise but fails to live up to other anti hero books (secret six), however, there are fun one liners and deadshot is likable, still not as good as court of owls, batgirl darkest reflection, justice league origin and wonder woman blood.
on 26 April 2015
Difficult to read on kindle fire, because the panel zoom feature sucks. Interesting idea to focus on villains; the only redeeming feature of the super hero genre. Also Harley Quinn is hot, so there's that. Worth 50 pence.