Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 8 January 2016
Hopefully the film will be as good as the graphic novel which is a showcase of creative artistic talent. Look forward to reading other New 52's volumes by the same artists and writers in future. Some of the panels would make great posters as individually they are works of art.
on 16 August 2015
I'm new to comics and decided to start here because of the 'supervillians' forced into a suicide squad sounded interesting. I wasn't disappointed, it was an easy read with amazingly detailed pictures. Gruesome, action-packed and thourally entertaining is how I'd describe this comic. 5/5... I'd recommend this to anyone interested in this kinda thing.
on 13 October 2014
Enjoyed it enough as far as I got (page 29 out of 158) which was saying something as the Kindle app doesn't allow you to zoom in. Small writing up to that point was just about legible but the next page, forget it. Downloaded the Kindle For PC reader but that failed to download the volume with an error message: "The item is not compatible with this device". Glad I didn't spend much money on it but had I known the Kindle app was incapable of allowing you to read comics / graphic novels on it, I wouldn't have bothered at all.
on 3 March 2016
Its a good introduction to basically what task for X aka the suicide squad are. A team of villains forced to do missions for the government in order to reduce their jail time but if they try to run or disobey orders or tell anybody what the squad are then the bombs planted in their heads will explode. Deadshot and Harley and El Diablo and Black Spider were my favourite characters in this story but mainly Deadshot cause of his role on the team. He is basically the star while Harley Quinn is the wildcard of this team...Art is good but just good enough to be clear. Like I said before its a good introduction story and just to add in does have some dark funny moments but I will give this volume 4 stars. It was good for an introduction story but I wanted more from it.
on 26 August 2015
Good book. Harley brings lots of humour to the story and steals the show with her quips, although DC still feels the need to sexualise her in a skimpy outfit. Lots of fights, which gets a bit brainless after a while, but would recommend if you're wanting to see the film next year.
on 19 August 2015
Love this. Just started to read comics and this one has had me hooked from the minute I started reading it. Would recommend to all dc or even just Harley fans as that is what initially brought me to read these books. Only problem now is that I'm going to have to buy the others.
on 9 January 2016
Fantastically drawn and written introduction to the infamous suicide squad. For the 49p I got the kindle version for , it was an amazing bargain. Also the fact I can now use my comixology app to read them is ace!
on 24 May 2013
This book is definetly worth a try, the storyline is great, very enjoyable, the characters are likable and funny when needed, the art is fantastic, it’s good to look at. I recommend this book to anyone who loves comics or just interested in getting to know the genre.
on 18 June 2013
As a new reader to comics (1-2 years) I have been reading the big titles like JLA, Aquaman, JLA Dark, Animal Man etc, but Suicide Squad is by far the most entertaining and edge of seat story line! It is not all about the action and fighting but develops character interaction between the core 3/4 members of Suicide Squad - another good reason to like it as it doesnt introduce a ton of new characters but still keeps it interesting through the suicide missions introducing new people.

The writer has reinvented Harley Quinn while maintaining her core traits as appearing "naive" and have loved the banter between her and the squad and allowing the "villians" to achieve redemption through battling the bad guys forgetting they themselves are villians! For a new reader the story is very easy to follow unlike some other new 52 volume ones.

Cant recommend it highly enough and felt compelled to write my first ever review...thats how good it is!
on 22 June 2016
I enjoyed this incarnation of the squad. The story feel fairly solid, setting aside the ever ludicrous nature of it's world, and the government ops pulling the strings behind the scenes was well sold. The art was good throughout. I could have done with a less sexualised Harley Quinn but she held her own well as a character. In fact she was the star of the book as she so often is.
review image review image review image