on 13 October 2012
Yes, this books is straight out of the Freakonomics, Wikinomics school of writing. A simple idea that can be explained in a sentence, a few acronyms to build up a model and lots of anecdotes to back it up.

So, why the four stars?

Well, while a simple concept, it's well executed. There's some good historic background about how PR started in the first place and then a good explanation about how things have changed, with the emergence of mass media and then social media.

The Believability Crisis and Likeability Gap concepts are...well...believable and it's not unnecessarily padded out.

Unlike other similar books, I've found that it's on my desk at work and I refer to it when thinking about communications plans for my clients. It's not rocket science, but I don't think the author is suggesting that he's making a ground-breaking discovery.

The only thing that stops it getting five stars is that there's quite a few references and examples from other books, which is a bit lazy as you'll have read a few of them before if you read these kinds of things often.
on 24 May 2012
The problem with the majority of business books is they emanate from America - consequently, they don't always translate well to Europe. One of the few exceptions I have found are those by Rohit Bhargava. His first book "Personality Not Included" gave me cause to think about how to engage with customers differently, and his second, Likeonomics has again made me reflect on how I could be better.

If I'm being honest with myself, before I read the book, I would have said I was 100% of the way to having the right relationships. Know I realise that I'm probably only 75% of the way to being fully engaged. In todays competitive arena, where deals are won or lost on the narrowest of margins, ensuring you are best placed to succeed requires constant re-evaluation. This book provides the catalyst for the open minded.

It is, like his previous book, an easy read (I read it in less than a day), but don't let that fool you into thinking it's a trivial book - it's not. In addition, there is extended supporting information and analysis available on-line at [...]
on 25 September 2015
Fantastic, easy yet informative read.