on 1 September 2017
CX750 This was for updating my trusty old system. Has new style plugs and old. Very quiet with the large fan. I believe has a better efficiency than the old power supply, and power factor measured approx. 0.81-0.82 again better than the old one (different make). My speakers made a loud crack when turning off the old one, whereas this new one there is hardly a sound. Suspect the old one was putting a big spike back on the line, and these people have dealt with that. Don't think this one is what they call modular. (Less connections the better?) It has only been a couple of weeks but well pleased thus far. The finish and their form of words suggest quality and attention to detail and have bought another. Looking forward to a long reliable life for my old and future motherboard(s).
on 16 March 2016
I'm a PC virgin. I've wanted a build for a long time, since I was 12 maybe. I guess I wasn't ready.

I've tried building one before with other power supplies but they just weren't for me. Those other power supplies had been passed around, had themselves in both good and bad builds, were overheated one too many times and had been used as nothing more than a gaming tool, cast aside when something better came along. They were scarred and broken.

I needed one that was like me, new, fresh and eager to be in a build that meant something more than just... gaming.
Then I met CX600M. It was perfect, it had everything I needed and more.

And here we are, 5 months later. We've had our ups and downs (don't mention the Christmas morning fiasco!) but we've made it through it all.
I am very happy with CX600M and would recommend to all, but just not this one. This ones mine!
on 23 April 2016
I bought this to replace the power supply in my wife's computer. I had already measured the old supply so new that it would fit into the case so it took next to no time to remove the old unit and replace it with this. The cables were all of a good length so had no problems reaching from the back top of the case to the top/front/bottom of the motherboard. Plenty of cable to reach the graphics card and all of the internal drives. I had to buy a couple of adaptors so that i could power all of the hard drives/DVD drives but they were no problem to obtain. The fan is really quiet and the psu provides next to no audible sound while the computer is operating. A really good unit and I am not expecting to have any problems in the future from it.
on 11 April 2018
Easy to use power supply, 500 watts is plenty for a decent system - I've paired it with my Ryzen 5 1600 and 750Ti, works with power to spare for future upgrades. Not modular so there are a lot of spare cables, but as they are all bunched together it is easy enough to grab a few zip ties and stash them somewhere else in the case.

All the various connectors are labelled properly, most are "keyed" so they will only fit in one way around, and the sleeving of the cables is nice. 80 Plus Bronze power efficiency is also a bonus at this price point. It has plenty of connectors so every peripheral can be connected, comes with more than enough for most systems, with room to spare to add more hard drives (with extra SATA power plugs) or accessories that use Molex connectors.

The fan runs quietly (near silent when idle) and a IEC (kettle) lead is also provided, as well as a standard manual that fits most of Corsair's power supplies.

Happy with this purchase. will buy a Corsair power supply again as they are a reputable brand offering PSUs at good prices.
on 5 January 2016
I've been a bit mean on the stars because although it's actually a nice and quiet power supply, the main pre-req of a power supply is that it be able to power all the components in a PC and to do that the cables have to be able to reach them and plug into them. That's where this power supply falls a bit short.
Check specs carefully and measure the case its going into first. The internal power cables are stiff and quite short between connectors (around 10cm). In the case I'm using (a Corsair Carbide Spec 01) I can connect 2 of my 3 HDDs (hard disk drives) on one of the sata cables and my optical drive on the other, but the 3rd HDD will need a an extension power cable because the ODD (optical disk drive) and HDD bays are widely separated and at 90 degrees to each other. On paper this supply can power 4 sata devices, but in reality they have to be positioned in just the right way which is not always possible depending on the case. If you have just one HDD and one ODD all should be well regardless of where in the case they are. If you have more sata devices or your case is an awkward size or shape I'd look elsewhere.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 October 2015
I ordered the Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit on the recommendation of a close friend who built my custom tower computer. The original power supply was the same make but had finally given out after years of use!

As my computer was built abroad and sadly, my friend who built it has passed away, so no option for him to repair, I am unable to fix it but was fortunate that another friends son fitted it for me and now my beloved computer is back working perfectly! The only minor gripe I have is that the previous version of this power supply had an extra fitment which enabled the use of all the hardware I use - including a creative music card / cd drive, dvd drive and floppy drive - yes I still use the occasional floppy disk! Sadly the floppy drive has been left unattached due to the lack of fittings, but worth noting if you want to replace the previous model of this power supply and expect it to have the same amount of fittings!

The unit is quite sturdy, good quality materials, a bit noisy on startup but settles down to a purr and just keeps going. My old Corsair power supply lasted nearly 9 years - powering 3 different OS on separate drives, all with daily use so I hope this one performs and lasts as long as the previous one!
on 6 August 2014
I have had this for over a week now in my custom built PC.

I choose to purchase this model because it was a good price for a modular PSU, and Corsair is a very good name in this industry, as well as being a recommendation from a family member. I have split my reviews up into the PROs and CONs.

PROS:

1. It is extremely quiet, I have it facing down onto my desk and I can't hear the fan at all. I only have a 200w (ish) system so it shouldn't be spinning too fast anyway. In fact my Cooler Master Sickle Flow fans are louder, and I class them as quiet.
2. It does what a power supply has got to do, supply power and not blow up. I can't yet comment on reliability because I haven't had it long enough, but my brother has had one for nearly 2 years and his is working just like new.
3. It comes with enough cables than an office/mid range computer will need.
4. The Modular design means that the mother bored and CPU cables are already installed, and SATA and PCI/E cables can be plugged in as you need them.

CONS:

1. The cables that are used to power my SATA drives are daisy chains. There are 3 connectors on one cable, the only problem that I had is that the gaps between them are too short, and the overall length of the cable is too short. But this does depend on the size and design of your case.
2. If you have an 2.5 inch drive installed on the bottom of a computer case, it can be difficult to install the power supply connector, I had to use one of the middle connectors and bend the wires round. This worries me because it could come loose in the future and break.

Overall, I think the CONS are not a problem if you have one drive so I would recommend this to home users. I do update my reviews in the future.
on 30 May 2016
Electricity goes in, electricity comes out, which is just what you need. Very quiet (I can hear my CPU fan now, whereas the one it replaced drowned it out), and has all the connectors you'll ever need -- in fact it may have *too many*, so if space in your case is tight you may have trouble tucking the unused ones out of the way in which case a modular design may be a better option.

My only real criticism isn't specifically aimed at this PSU as it seems to be the case with all of them: while the mesh tubes that the cables are bundled in may make it look nicer, a) I have no desire to look inside my PC so it's a waste, b) they make the cables a little bulkier, stiffer, and harder to route, and c) if they rub against any part of the case while you're installing them they make a sound that's alarmingly like the crackle of electricity which is quite perturbing.
on 7 February 2016
I have bought Corsair before, so knew they are reliable. Other reviews on Amazon led me to hope that this model would be suitable for the Media PC that I was building.(Asus A88XM-A Motherboard / FM2+, AMD A8 7600, Sandisk Ultra II SSD 960 GB Sata III 2.5 inch, HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3) It also appeared to be reasonably quiet but at a much lower cost than other PSUs which boast of their silent credentials. As hoped, the modular power cables meant I was able to select only those connections I needed, saving space and greatly enhancing airflow within the case I had chosen. (Silverstone SST-ML03B USB3.0 PC Case). It has to be said that the PSU is not entirely silent but, even though the only source of noise in the build, it is so subdued as to be undetectable except in moments of absolute silence and immediately lost if watching videos, listening to music or playing games. I would buy again.
on 1 June 2016
My first one was whisper quite for the first month but then became quite noisy, a sort of vibrating/humming noise after it had been in use for a short period of time. I attempted to return/replace it but the Amazon system said it was over 30 days old. I had great difficulty finding the correct section within Amazon to ask for a replacement (possibly hidden away within Amazon on purpose). Anyway a bit of help from Google and I found the right page and Amazon could not have been more helpful as I had a replacement within 36 hours, brilliant service. This one is almost silent and so far so good and it has more than enough connections for most desktop PC's.
Its not so much having a problem with something, its more about how that problem is dealt with! In this case it was dealt with promptly and efficiently-thank you Amazon, 5 stars for you.