on 23 August 2014
I bought this for my 9 year old son and we've just been to Sicily on holiday where it was used all the time in the pool and sea. It's easy to use and very sturdy. The pictures aren't of the quality of a go pro but that's because it's not a go pro but is adequate for kids and non photo snobs. Great value for money.
on 16 January 2013
this product needs the correct information on the product details. It just says SD card, doesnt state MICRO SD card, so I have purchased the incorrect one, which is causing me a problem, as I need it for an upcoming holiday.
Also, the product description does not mention anything about batteries. I thought this product had Li-ion rechargeable battery.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 July 2013
Image quality is adequate for a cheap device with a cheap lens. Sound quality pretty bad. Screen not bright enough to be viewable in sunlight and no way to adjust. Controls non-intuitive and buttons hard to press. However not too bad for about £25 if you want to shoot stuff while hanging off the side of a dinghy.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be waterproof to 3M as promised and after getting splashed has water behind the screen and won't turn on so going back for a refund.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 July 2013
Ok to start this review: In my opinion this thing sakar/vivitar made is a kids toy no more or less picture is not 720p really bad pixels on a 15" screen the screen flickers like mad unless you are stood still buttons are a bit hard to push, sound is poor unless your really close with in 0 to 6 feet of it, so for family holidays no for a 10 to 13 year old to get them started out and about with friends would be ok because of the price but I wound like to add I didn't try in water or up load as the pic and sound were bad...Vivitar DVR 695HD Waterproof HD 720p Digital Camcorder - Black (12 MP, 4x Digital Zoom, 2" LCD)
3 people found this helpful