on 30 September 2012
I bought the Greatshield Bluetooth keyboard case as a gift for my daughter to use with her new iPad 2. I only saw the black/orange version but decided after reading countless reviews on several other makes that this was the most versatile of them all so I took the plunge and ordered it.

The case was delivered within a few days and was well packed. The set up with the iPad was easy and I enjoyed my quick practice before wrapping it up for my daughter. I had noticed on some reviews that there is no dedicated £ key but the simple solution is to use the shift and 3 key for the £. I am glad the reviewers pointed that out for us in the UK.

My daughter was delighted with the look and the practicality of the keyboard. It feels robust and whilst a little smaller than her work pc keyboard she soon adapted to it. When closed the case is really stylish and gives excellent protection for the iPad.

I mainly chose this case because I felt it was the least bulky and the design allowed the minimum space between the keyboard and the screen so it would be the most practical for using on your lap. It has proved to be every bit as good in these respects as I had hoped. Looking further through the Amazon shop I discovered that there is a black/pink version of this item which would suit my daughter better so I will be ordering one of those and keeping the original black/orange one for myself!

The best buy I've made in a long time. Well done Greatshield and Amazon marketplace for great service
on 20 March 2013
Pros:

The keyboard functionality works very well and the battery hasn't run out after a weeks intermittent use. The keys are usable and mirror those of a laptop layout.

Cons:

The ipad insert sometimes allows the home button to be off center of the cutout, however the cutouts are large enough that it doesn't matter.

When the keyboard is flipped over you have to hold the case by pressing against the keys, nothing that can be done about this given the necessary design but its worth considering if you share your ipad with accident prone people or kids.

Overall an excellent product at a comparable price.
on 11 September 2012
I bought this case after looking at a lot of other makes and models on the web. A number of colleagues have different keyboard cases for their iPads and I feel this one is the best of them despite being a fraction of the price! The case gives a good level of protection for the iPad while not adding too much bulk or weight, the keyboard has a good positive feel which makes typing far easier than on the iPad screen. A few reviews of similar cases have stated that there is no £ sign on the keyboard, this is true of this one but I have found that shift and 3 gives the £ sign and not the hash as indicated. I would recomend this case to anyone looking for this type of product for their iPad.
on 29 September 2012
Exceeded expectations. Arrived quickly,well packaged with simple set up instructions. Keys have surprising travel for such a thin keyboard. Has transformed my ipad usage because I hate the onscreen keyboard. I can now touch type again. Looks good too.
on 3 April 2013
I had searched high and low for a keyboard/cover combo that is similar in size to that of an MS surface with its external keyboard. Whilst this wasn't a big brand item, it seemed to fit my initial requirements.

The size and construction of the case is good but it has one major flaw. The iPad does not fit tightly into it, when in use the iPad sags into the case and the holes for external cables and button access falls out of line.

The keyboard is a little flimsy, the alignment of the keyboard inside of the case isn't great on mine, this causes the keys on the right hand side to stick under the edge of the case which is a slight annoyance.

As I said, this case could be great, but it is flawed in design and mine really must have skipped the quality control part of the manufacturing process :-/
on 16 January 2013
I am using this product to write up this review. I will give you the positives first - The first thing I noticed was the wake up function when you open the case your iPad is ready to use. The keyboard is excellent, some people claim the keys are too small, but the bottom line is it's a mini keyboard, what do you expect! The design is very good, the easel style works well in terms of converting your iPad into a mini laptop, great for typing up documents. Pairing the device to your iPad is very simple, and charging it up for first use is done from USB connection to your PC. In general terms the overall quality is above average, with a couple of issues. Which leads me to the reasons it's not 5 stars - the section that houses the iPad is slightly too wide which means your iPad can move from side to side, which can be irritating. Orange stitching against black leather is eye-catching, but doesn't look so good when the stitching isn't straight in parts, this for me is quite poor and should be picked up at quality control. Whilst the case is okay for the latest spec iPad, the lightening connector doesn't fill the large cut out obviously designed for the older style connection. So, overall a decent case that comes at a competitive price, and in the main I am happy and would recommend.
on 7 January 2013
Looks the part and bluetooth works well.
After that it's all down hill.
The space bar only works if pressed exactly in the middle, making typing either very slow or repeated back arrows to insert spaces.
The stand is held inside the magnetic flap, which has to be undone each time it is used.
Began to show signs of wear in days.
Avoid.
on 27 April 2013
Makes the ipad more like a laptop, very slim & compact. The keyboard is great - easier to type lengthy documents! Got the orange so my husband won't feel embarrassed using it (as he didn't like it in pink). The stand is very, very handy. You can also fold the keyboard underneath so you are back to the ipad keyboard. Really pleased with it!
on 4 February 2013
I initially bought this item as a Christmas present. When I went to charge it on Christmas eve, I took it out of the packaging and quickly realised that the charger port - and the charger itself - were damaged. It seemed as if someone had tried to force the charger in the hole unsuccessfully and broken both pieces.
I returned this item and ordered another one, thinking that this was just a one-off. When the second case arrived, the first thing I checked was the charger. At first everything seemed fine but it suddenly stopped charging after 5 minutes. I tried again and again but it would not charge for long - deeming the item unuseable.
I have now sent the second one back and would strongly advise against purchasing this product.
on 4 December 2012
Mostly positives:
- it looks good, which is always nice
- it holds the iPad securely, keeps it safe
- the keyboard isn't bad when you get used to it
- I haven't had to charge it since the first charge, a few weeks ago
- Has a nice little stand and everyone thinks it's a laptop when I'm typing away

Only negative
- you really have to hit the space bar in the centre, which means you have to re-learn how you touch-type (if you touch-type)

Actually it's a relief that it's a good, solid case and not rubbish like a lot of them with fake reviews here on Amazon (seriously Amazon, sort that out as well as your taxes, please). So I'd recommend it, just get used to using your thumb a little differently.