on 20 May 2014
EDIT: Just noticed this was the free app of the day so I thought I'd try it again, and despite my previous review it looks like the developers have fixed the issue and it's now working on my S4! I thought I'd update this review so people wouldn't be put off downloading what is a great game, especially as it's free today!
--------------------
I bought this game from the Amazon App store as I had some Amazon Coins from various promotions and I thought I'd get this app to support the developers and remove the adverts. Unfortunately, while I really enjoy this game I'd recommend sticking with the free version or buying it from the Google Play store.

The problem is the game works fine but any in game menu text is unreadable, so you can't adjust any options or navigate through the menus easily.

I contacted the developers and to their credit they were very honest about it. They basically said it's a known issue but this version won't be updated due to not enough people buying it from the Amazon app store. They suggested I claim a refund and buy it from the Google Play store instead where they have assured me it works fine.

This is on a Samsung Galaxy S4, not sure if it will work on other devices or not.
on 29 July 2015
This is a very nicely presented and fun gin rummy game. I love the steam punk influence. Got it as the free app of the day and it's definately a keeper. There are a few things that slightly detract from the game.

Firstly, when sliding the card to be discarded onto the pile it's very easy to select a different card as your finger slides over your hand. I'd love to be able to tap to select the card then tap the pile to discard instead.

The other feature I'd love to see would be the ability to manually make your own melds as well as manually sorting your hand. It's a little too automated for my liking.

These points aside though, I can easily recommend the game as it's lots of fun in a "just one more go" kind of way.
on 18 July 2014
Downloaded and plays perfectly on my Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012 version).

I had another Gin Rummy Game app which I really loved but hadn't played for a while, so had deleted it to the Cloud just a couple of days ago. However when I saw this was the FAOTD I decided to take a look and I'm so glad I did! This is even better than my old app.

The game looks great and it plays without any problems for me. It's nice to be able to choose the length of game from a quick coffee break round to something longer, by choosing what count to end at. The characters to choose from made me smile too -especially Porkins!

If you like card games this is a no-brainer - get it.... and thanks Amazon and the developers for making it the FAOTD.
on 30 July 2015
I'd not played Gin Rummy since the 80's and this brought back some great memories. Whilst it runs fine on my Nexus 7, it's pretty much unplayable on my Nexus 5 as it doesn't run full screen but displays in a reduced box that renders any text illegible (hence the loss of a star). The game is nicely presented and if you enjoy Gin Rummy I doubt you'll do much better than this, it's not a flooded market like many card games.
on 1 August 2015
I had a different but similar game, this one is however much better , smoother play without the need for unnecessary button pressing. I think the icons are a bit of fun but perhaps not really wanted. Altogether a good game worth getting.
on 31 July 2015
Remember playing Gin Tummy with the family, as a child, at Christmas. So when I saw this was the free app of the day just couldn't resist. Enjoying it so much. Just like the real thing, better in fact, as there are no family arguments!
on 19 July 2014
I downloaded this app with some trepidation given the adverse comments of another reviewer, but I have to say that I couldn't be more delighted with it. On my Kindle Fire it is graphically extraordinarily beautiful and it is a real pleasure to play, uncomplicated and satisfying. The AI is easy to beat on the easy level, but less so on the normal one and I haven't yet graduated to the Hard level. It is really good fun to play and I am glad that I ignored the adverse comments, I suspect from a user with a smaller screen than mine.
on 23 July 2014
Very good game, still don't get the scoring? But I enjoy playing so that's main thing. I wish sometimes I could look back at cards passed but I appreciate that's part of the game, even so the computer has a very good memory. Would like to adjust the cards in my hand but not a major problem it does automatically sort runs or groups but not always how I want them :-)
on 11 February 2015
l enjoyed this. You play against different players who do play slightly differently but not much. As a free game, this is definitely worth getting. It will give hours of fun and you can slop and start any point you wish
on 19 July 2014
This was a free APP so I gave it a go, but to play you have to be connected to the internet. Why? It's quite enjoyable to play, the graphics are fun but the actual cards are a bit small so I'm not sure if I will hold on to it