Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 18 April 2017
good
on 10 December 2012
A lovely trip down memory lane. From the squabbling twins in a forties classroom at the start to the joy of the finale, I found myself wallowing in happy nostalgia. Highly recommended to transport the reader to times past.
on 13 January 2013
I would recommend this book as it had me enthralled from the minute I started could not.put it down it took me back to my childhood when money was tight but we were still happy
on 13 January 2013
Another winner from Katie Flynn, I absolutely lose myself in her writing. A gorgeous story set in the war years and forward.
on 15 January 2013
Lovely book as usual nice easy read, couldn't put it down.
For all Katie Flynn fans you won't be disappointed.
on 13 January 2013
I have read lots of Kate Flynn books before, this was however the first I had downloaded onto my Kindle, it was easy to and quick to do. The book for any Kate fan is good.
on 10 December 2012
A very good read Katie Flynn rarely lets me down well worth getting your head into interesting storyline easy reading.
on 27 November 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book.
I don't want to give the plot away but simply put - a wonderful tale of friendship, love, secrets, history and Christmas!
on 8 May 2013
I have to admit this book was very predictable and you always seem to know what was going to happen next yet I was still hooked from the start and felt I had to keep reading just to make sure that the story was really going the way I thought it was.A thoroughly good and enjoyable read albeit the predicticality.my only negativity was that it jumped to much over the years and I felt more could of been told about the story
on 28 December 2014
This is the first book I have read by this author, and it is likely to be the last, unless Amazon reviewers can convince me to give her another try! I found this book slow moving, quite tedious at times, and it proved to be a long drawn out tale where nothing much happened.
Some spoilers follow so don't read on if you intend to read the book! The main thread running through the book was the possibility that two baby girls born in a thunderstorm in Liverpool, had been swapped in their cribs. The mother of one of the babies is told of this, but chooses to do nothing about it, despite the fact she becomes firm friends with the mother of the other child and their families grow ever closer over the years. The "reveal" about this event at the end of the book is a bit of an anti climax. Despite the book covering about 18 years, the characters never seem to develop. There is a lot of dialogue, most of it unrealistic, and to be honest I had to force myself to finish the book - I am one of those people who do not like to criticise without the possession of all the facts, and you cannot properly review a book unless you have read all of it!
As I continued to read it, I kept thinking "something dramatic will happen soon," but I waited in vain. The "drama" in the book (what there was of it) was not particularly well written and was predictable.
A literary classic it certainly is not, but I suppose if you have a few hours spare with nothing better to do, you can read this and make up your own mind. A lot people seem to have enjoyed it, judging by the 5 star reviews, and it is down to personal taste after all, but in my opinion it is a lightweight novel and not one to remember. I prefer books which have characters that develop, characters whom you care something about, and a plot that is well thought out and written in such a way as to keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting more. For me, this book didn't do that and fell a long way short.