on 10 April 2014
The light, even though it's placed around 30cm from my head as the manual states does not seem to wake me up, I only wake up from the sound, and it has to be set to max volume.

The controls are very confusing, I'm a technician who manages to go around without RTFM'ing things most of the time but I had to do it to control this thing properly.

Unless I'm confused about controls yet again, to turn the alarm off you need to press two buttons - the sleep button and then the light button to disable the light.

The integrated radio speaker is of very poor quality, though I didn't expect great sound from an alarm clock but I expected more from item in this price range.
on 31 January 2016
Excellent--does the job. I particularly like the variable brightness setting: the maximum setting is very strong! The only problem was that I thought (from the Philips website) that it offered a 20-40 minute sunrise. It doesn't--only 30.
on 10 January 2014
Ideally for those who have trouble waking up or hate walking up to the alarm. It does work, would have been nice to be able to have more sounds for the cost and DAB radio or a USB link to put your own tune on. It does do what is says it does and wakes you up more gently even in pitch black room. Just one point is you cant change the bulb when it goes, which should be on ad.
on 17 June 2018
Appreciated as a present.
on 17 April 2015
Deep sleepers who are extremely grumpy when woken up? This is just the job, wakes you up gradually over a half hour cycle - a significantly better mood when awake. You do still have to get out of bed I'm afraid, but this will take away that extreme shock factor of being woken up suddenly. I would recommend this for deep sleepers and teenagers, the price is worth it!
on 1 February 2016
The clock is as described. I nearly never bought it because of the bad reviews but I think they are wrong - the buttons are not fiddly, the alarm is easy to set up, it is easy to change the illumination of the time, although you cannot see the time on the lowest setting during the day but do you need to ? The radio is fm but works well with a good reception. I am glad I never believed the reviews and bought it - its a great product and I enjoy not waking up in the pitch black.
on 26 March 2014
This is my first ever Amazon review! It suddenly occurred to me that, having bought this product over a year ago, I still am completely enamoured with my alarm clock. Easy to program, with good quality FM radio and emitting a warm glow, it has transformed my waking up experience. Gone are the days when I would cover my hands with my eyes when I turned on my light on dark winter's mornings, or fumble sleepily with my phone radio. This clock combines the two functions with a gradual increase in brightness and volume and has taken much of the pain out of waking up. Highly recommended.
on 15 March 2015
This is a brilliant gadget and it has really worked for me to wake up early in the mornings. the way it works is to gently wake you up with gradually brightening light and some subtle sounds instead of shocking you awake with a sudden noise. I have suffered for years with insomnia and irregular sleeping patterns, and it has definitely helped me and i feel much better & find it easier to get up earlier. It also works as a bedside clock and radio. A nice piece of kit.
on 12 February 2017
Nice light, but buttons are not intuitive so you will need to keep the manual handy
on 19 December 2013
Light: 5/5 wakes me up no problem
Sound: 2/5 repetitive (about 30 seconds of bird noise loop) and a bit annoying. I think it would be a much better idea to let us attach a smartphone and transfer some sound.
User interface (aka buttons): 2/5 horrible layout of buttons, but not a big deal once you get used to it.

Overall though, the light itself is the most important part. I wake up happy every day about 5 minutes before the sounds start. I also feel much better in the morning and I don't regret buying this a second. Will buy a new one as soon as they fix the sounds though.