on 5 April 2016
Do the job! These work out at about a penny each, reviewers have complained that they are brittle and cannot be fastened and unfastened without breaking. For me this is not an issue. I fastened them and none broke, and I generally use stitch markers closed and move them from needle to needle marking the start of the row in sock knitting. If I want to hook one into a stitch and leave it there to be released later then I use a more expensive and flexible stitch marker or one of the many tiny metal safety pins I have collected from garment labels or even a strand of contrasting waste yarn tied in a knot (the last marker sometimes needs to be cut to release it)
Their value to me is the colour range they come in which contrasts with the knitting. I have bought two packs of Knit Pro markers which are indestructible but much more expensive and only come green and purple, so sometimes they do not contrast enough. Whatever you pay for markers, if you are like me and knit on the move in trains etc, you will lose them so paying less makes it easier to be philosophical about it.
on 29 July 2014
These took a long time to arrive and they are very poor quality. You get what you pay for. I've only used them a few times and almost all of them have broken. Just sent off for a better quality (hopefully) set to replace these.
on 7 April 2014
Made of hard plastic, not at all pliable and therefore snap when you try to close them. May be OK on cards, but if you use them in their capacity as stitch markers they are absolutely rubbish. Do not waste your time or money.
on 26 March 2015
I'm not impressed with these at all. I bought these to use as markers for my knitting and crochet but they are very tight and the plastic doesn't give very well. The pieces tend to snap and are very hard to open and close. The spacing between the end and the clasp when open is very very small and makes them difficult to place, if you try to open them a little further they just break. Not something I would recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 December 2013
I purchased these as I was looking for some cheap stitch markers for knitting. I really only needed one, so I didn't want to spend a fortune. I found these and felt they were just what I was looking for. They were perfect for marking stitches for the knitting I was doing (particularly when knitting in the round) and the price made them available. I was not fussed about having to wait, but it did take about 3 weeks to arrive. If you are looking for them to arrive quickly they would not be for you, but if you have a few weeks they're great.
VINE VOICEon 3 July 2017
The stitch markers are okay, but not great. After using one a few times (seriously, about five or so times) it broke off in my hand. The plastic isn't supple at all. You get what you pay for in this case.
on 12 April 2017
Can never have too many of these. Are just right for knitting and crochet. Also use them to keep small knitted parts together until I am ready to sew the item up.
on 30 April 2017
Very pretty but not much use. Too fiddly.
on 16 March 2017
Nice little items, I use regularly to count stitches when I crochet, and I've also used a couple when I made baby gifts
on 23 March 2017
Need strong fingers to open and close but quite a lot in pack for the money