Customer reviews

5,309
Size: 32 GB|Style: Retail Version|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on 1 December 2016
It's a nice little stick but I have discovered that it has a very slow write speed. It was bought as a TV hard drive and was ok for normal transmissions but useless for HD transmissions - the recorded programme has huge chunks missing and the picture periodically gets pixilated. The soundtrack becomes out of sync with the picture too. This stick is superb for data storage where transfer speed is unimportant but useless for high speed situations. I would not recommend this stick for anything other that basic data storage.
on 10 June 2017
I have bought many of these items over the last few months but 3 of them have failed so far.
Some struggle to register when plugged in and some say that they require repairing.
When I select repair it states no problem found. Perhaps I have had delivery of a bad batch.
I don't know, Kingston products are usually first class so I will continue using them for now.
on 27 May 2014
Quite a bit smaller than the usual USB pen drive, but greater storage. Big plus is the solid metal casing with hole for keyring. I've lost a number of these drives through breaking plastic cases or nylon lock strips that go brittle and break. Your average keyring is a pretty harsh environment for pen drives, but this one is more robust than most. Only negative was that I had some trouble getting correct 'USB Mass Storage Device' driver for Win 7. Eventually solved by uninstalling existing driver through Control Panel, System, Device Manager, and reinstalling automatically on reboot.
on 13 April 2017
Sleek and beautifully designed from a single piece of aluminium. Kingston's famous reliability and warranty. What more could you ask for from a 'use every day' USB drive!? Mine sits on my keyring, gets bashed around with my keys, has data copied off and on every day, and hasn't let me down once. Buy one now!
on 16 April 2017
Probably fine as a stick to save a few documents on...

I bought it to set up a Windows installation disc on it (no one uses DVD anymore!) and it didnt work...
I've got 3 other USB sticks here, all older - and they all work in the way that I want.

Wont buy this again.
on 10 December 2013
In terms of design and size, this is a top quality product that will get people talking.

My only concern is the tight fit, which others have mentioned. It fits very tightly into both iMac and Macbook pro, and I have some concern about damaging the computer's USB port, particularly when removing the USB. Due to its small size, it's rather difficult to pull out from the USB port and I have to make a conscious effort not to wiggle it out each time. As such, I wouldn't let someone inexperienced use this, as it could potentially end up damaging their USB ports.

If this was a fraction thinner, it would be perfect. Right now it's very close to perfect, but not quite.
It's everything you want from a USB​ key, small, lightweight but feels extremely solid. That was my primary concern as cheaper USB sticks are normally sold with a plastic casing which is far less durable and can be knocked about quite easily. The hold at the top of the device makes it easy to attach to your keyring. It's so light you hardly feel it and having that storage available on the go makes life a lot easier.
on 19 April 2017
Excellent hard wearing. Doesn't break when left on keyring, due to metal casing. I have had other memory sticks break off when left attached to a keyring with keys on it. This one is very durable and has stood the test of time. This is the second one that I have bought
on 6 August 2017
For such a affordable price it is well worth the buy. It comes with around 8GB free space which is enough to store so many documents and 'some' videos. Highly recommend, most USBs I've purchased appear with an format message which is really scary if you got data on that USB, however, this USB has worked up until 2017. (purchased in 2015)
on 22 July 2015
I have this for a long time now 22 July 2015, I dont have to worry about loosing my files for worry that it will brake. Its made out of hard material and fits most key chains, around now you may be thinking, should I just get the wireless ones or should I go for this. My take is get this, its old tech but you dont need to worry about it not working for you when you need it. Get a wireless one also if you can, use this as a back up.