Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 1 April 2014
About the same price as a conventional docking station, this is an ideal alternative; particularly if your notebook PC isn't designed for docking. Just connect via a USB-3 port (or USB-2) and your notebook/laptop instantly becomes a workstation. Mine connects two large monitors, external USB drives, a printer, plus a proper key board and mouse. Just remove the USB and power supply and I am mobile again.

As well as on the CD provided, the drivers can be downloaded from the Lenovo web page to install from a USB stick.

Quite some unexpected cable clutter from all the peripherals I have plugged into it.

Recommended.
on 26 June 2013
If, like me, you've got a nice slim Lenovo X1, this dock is a useful accessory to have. My previous thinkpads were all from the T or X ranges and had great docking stations on which they could sit. The lack of a dedicated docking station for my X1 has been a frustration for a while now.

This USB 3 dock seems to fit the bill. Plenty of USB 3 ports, 2 DVI monitor connections allow for a dual screen setup when I'm at my desk.

One thing to note is that the drivers come on a CD! Come on Lenovo - most of your laptops don't have optical drives anymore. I had to trawl around the Lenovo site to find the latest drivers. To save you some time here is where I got them from:

Overall quite happy with my purchase - just wished I'd got it as soon as I bought my laptop.
33 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 December 2013
Excellent product.

You must install the drivers to get it to work.

I can have up to 4 monitors now (2 from the hub, my laptop + its external dvi port).
on 13 November 2014
Does not work well with Lenovo Yoga Pro 2. Occasional problems with colour rendition (sometimes greyish flickering) although I have checked and re-checked cable connections. The laptop finds the docking station reasonably well when awaking from sleep, although occasionally (though rarely) have to re-start. But colours are not great. I use this to connect to two external monitors at the same time.

A big design flaw is that when you attach all the cables, the docking station tilts backwards, as the cables weigh too much. To me this is not an easily forgivable design flaw, as it would have been so easy to detect, had Lenovo tested their product properly.

Also, installation was fiddly, as I had to download drivers etc. Had to do some research to discover which and how. This is not a plug and play product.
on 21 September 2014
Fantastic product. Simply plugged it into my T420 running Windows 7 and within 5 minutes it had installed itself without need for me to do anything but tell windows which of my three monitors was left and right of the main one. Windows Vista on my T410 was a little more challenging as i had to manually download the driver, but that is my own fault for being too lazy to upgrade Vista already, and it didn't take me much more than 2 minutes to locate the driver with a simple Google search. Takes up far less space on the desk than a conventional docking station, the device is around the size of a can of soft drink.
on 10 March 2014
I have a Core i7 Lenovo X220 (with a USB3 port). On this age of laptop (about 3 years old) the USB 3 had some kind of emulation which seems to cause compatibility issues. After a very long call with Lenovo we still couldn't make the displays or network work under Windows 7. To cut a long story short I tried a clean install of Windows 8.1, installed the latest Lenovo dock software, and it works fine! I can even run 4 displays (2 DVI-D from dock, 1 VGA connected to laptop and the built-in display). See [...]
on 22 May 2016
You already know what this does it you're interested in ordering it. We ordered a few for work and they do everything we need (basically running in total 4 screens from one laptop), and they do it effortlessly. Well worth the purchase if you need it for that reason.
on 30 October 2015
unfortunately only one of the front usb ports seems to work.
It also falls over backwards when all connections are attached..
There are also difficulties getting the display onto my second screen.. - sometimes it is OK, sometimes not
on 4 October 2015
Did not work for me, much prefer a real docking station. If your laptop cannot use such though, this is probably a half decent alternative
on 20 December 2015
Great device, I am using it with an ASUS laptop and 2 external (dvi) monitors. Drivers are easy to find.