on 6 November 2013
I spent a lot of time researching all in one printers and this one seemed the best value for money. The 'not waking up on WiFi' worried me a little, but a couple of other reviewers suggested a newer firmware upgrade sorted that problem, and the AirPrint functionality was very attractive since we have two iPhones and an iPad.

I've had it a month and have only managed a successful print (on the first attempt) once - immediately after setting up. It will not wake on WiFi from ANY device (despite upgrading the firmware), and in fact it will not print from my MacBook Pro at all unless the printer is first turned off and on again. I've installed all 3 drivers for the printer (normal, AirPrint, Epson Remote) and set up the print from email function, but none of these are successful without restarting the printer first.

It also can't handle the fact that I have a WiFi repeater in the house - I have to keep unplugging it. Colour printing is horribly slow and very grainy, particularly from an AirPrint device (for which there doesn't seem to be any configuration or adjustment). The platen lid (featuring the sheet feeder) is very clunky and heavy, and will not hold itself up as you would expect - it tends to slam back down.

It's a beast of a printer compared to a lot of modern all in ones. The weird folding paper tray and exit tray also take a bit of getting used to.

I was hoping I would have something nice to say about the printer but actually it's been a complete disappointment and extremely frustrating. Amazon are picking it up tomorrow...
on 19 April 2014
I really needed a printer which was compatible with my Macbook and was finding all the contradictory reviews on printers rather confusing. In the end I got soo desperate, I thought I would just have to bite the bullet and order one.

My choice was the Epson WorkForce, even though, there were very mixed reviews online.

Initially my instinct with this printer was to follow the instructions to the letter, and inserted the disc which came with the printer - wrong! It seemed to be setting up ok, the automatic wifi detection seemed to work, then suddenly, everything came to a halt when it got to the computer settings. I clicked around a bit (yes, can you tell I am very computer literate!) and found some sort of error message. The printer was unable to install. I thought, "rubbish!", and began to panic.

Then I remembered with my other epson printer I was able to print by connecting the printer to wifi. To do this on the WF you need to press the WiFi set up button on the front and select, the second option, I believe it is called WiFi Set-up Wizard. This searches for your WiFi box, once found you just enter the key code for your box. From this if you go to Settings on your computer, Printers & Scanners, add printer, it should bring up your lovely new shiny printer and you are well away!

Much easier, and better than that disc!

I do have one gripe, it seems to guzzle ink like no ones business. Ok, I have probably printed off about 150 pages today, but the black ink cartridge supplied with the printer is already stating low! I will definitely be buying some 16L printer cartridges to see how much better they are but this came as quite a shock. I did try and find print in draft quality, as that is all I need at the moment, but can't find anything like that on the settings - if any one does know how to do this I would be very grateful of the advice!
on 18 December 2012
Bought this printer after reading reviews and requiring an all in one printer for my office. The printer is ideal, I have used all functions, printer, copier, scanner and fax and they all work perfectly. The printer was very easy to set up and the wi-fi is so easy to use and allows you to link other devices to your printer. The printer is very compact and would fit easily into any home or workpace.
Would highly recomend this printer as a versatile all rounder
on 3 November 2013
This printer has scored well over the last few months. Its reasonable quality - can have a "wired" connection (don'y believe some of the comparisons that say it can't) but on wireless settings has proved troublesome because

1. - Most new routers have a "smart" setting that changes "channel" to strengthen or quicken your signal. This printer fails to adapt to that and will lose its network connection.

2. Even when you manage to connect properly - its very slow to react to print commands (can take a couple of minutes)

3. Print quality is average -and Epson's own support has a chargeable phone line.

4. The picture you will see intimates that there is a feeder for (new) paper on the top - this is NOT the case - the paper feeder slots in at the back and adds some 5 inches to height and a couple on depth.

The above said - the printer has a good headline value for money price, and ink is cheaper than comparable HP.
on 29 December 2012
Everything I needed in one machine. Prints fast and quietly compared to my last printer. Wanted to get a fax included for work, and was surprised how easy it was to set up. Only downside was purchasing new cartridges as they're not yet available everywhere - suggest you buy extra ink when purchasing! I did get some online later, but had to search many stores before finding them in Staples! Keep some in stock until they're more widely available.
on 1 February 2013
I have spent countless hours trying to set this printer up, to no avail. I have 3 computers, one running XP, one running Vista and one running Windows 7. The XP one set up instantly and perfectly, but the other 2 will not connect wirelessly and the scanner will not work at all on either. I spent a long time on the chat room to Epson help, who eventually told me that the problem must be with Microsoft, not them. Thanks, Epson! I now have to scan my images onto my XP laptop and then send them wirelessly to my Windows 7 desktop to work on in Photoshop. I have installed and uninstalled the software several times, but nothing happens. Even downloaded scanner updates refuse to install. There must be a glitch in the Epson software, but Microsoft are obviously responsible!
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2013
Simple as can be...

Open the box, remove items, check items from the inventory sheet.
Read the quick guide - opens out in to 4 steps.
Install Cartridges
Install first disk - follow set up instructions, no need to connect USB cable.
Wifi installed at a click and a press of buttons.
Total time to set up, 20 Mins on a windows 7 notebook, Wifi working like a charm
on 23 January 2013
Great product once installed!! I had to resort to using an old laptop to get the installation to run.
Additional problem was that the scanner was installed to use the USB I resorted to phoning epson to be told that there was a 10p per minute charge. In order to talk to a human I had to listen various sales guff then to 2 lots of options. However in the end the human was great and found an adoption to set to network buried deep in the set up section. It all works well now but it is a bit Off to expect to pay for what seems like a fault in the installation routine.
on 23 September 2013
I pondered awhile researching various printers. My last a Kodak was junked by me at less that 1 year old due to recurring printhead faults and inks that were expensive (not as advertised). My criteria was the costs of ink, my conclusion? They are all bloody expensive. I choose this printer as it was from a well established company and it filled all the criteria regarding operation I required. It was easy to set up wirelessly and networked with a smartphone and a laptop as well as a netbook and has its own individual e mail address. So I am at the moment well pleased with the printer.
on 20 October 2013
To be honest I didn't really need the fax bit but it's there should I decide I want it. Easy enough to set up.

Prints really well and it's fairly quiet compared to my old printer.

Only downside make sure you order ink at same time as only small amount of ink in the set up cartridges.