TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 January 2014
It may be cheap, but this book isn't even worth its low price. I had thought it might provide some useful design ideas and provide some pointers as to how to make the best of a small plot. It doesn't do this and is beyond basic. Here are a few of the 'tips' - save water with a slimline water butt, choose a compact shed that won't become an eyesore, keep colour in a border simple. There is a seemingly endless stream of fruit & veg planted in pots, and then more suggestions for decorative plants in pots. All in all this books states the blindingly obvious and I really don't think anyone is clueless enough to benefit from it.
on 5 March 2012
I really can't stop myself when it comes to buying gardening books but this one I could have done without - should have listened to the other reviewers. There are 101 ideas, but with ideas like "plant some hostas", "use pots" making up the numbers it falls short for me. I actually picked it up and bought it on impulse in the real world, not online, I flicked through and a few ideas caught my eye, but now I have read the lot, I think the only ones that inspire me are the two or three that caught my eye in the shop. There are plenty better books on the same subject out there.
on 27 July 2010
I bought this because I have just cleared a space in my garden and wanted some design ideas.This book does not really do that but it does hav esome nice ideas once your layout has been sorted.Although it hasn't helped me with what I wanted it for it was still good to look through.
on 8 May 2009
This is a good book if you're planning a new garden or want to give your existing garden a lift. It includes some great ideas for sheds and plants in pots. Great value for money.
on 21 August 2016
Arrived on time and well packaged. I decided that my garden needs a complete make-over so went hunting for books with ideas.I love this book, found lots of handy ideas and hints for my small garden. There are not a lot of how to do stuff and detail but I was looking for Ideas and great pictures to adapt for my needs.
on 14 March 2013
Not what I was expecting. I would not have purchased this if I had realised what the contents would be. I thought there would be ground plans for small garden areas. This is a book of mainly close-up photos with information I could find in any nursery/garden magazine. Nothing new or innovative.
on 15 August 2015
This is a must for all small gardens well written with great ideas. Like it very much and would recommend to anyone especially if like me you are just starting your small garden. Very good section on alpines. Recommended.
on 23 May 2014
I only bough this to get free delivery with another order. It was £3 cheaper to buy this than pay for delivery! Book is rubbish. It's very small - about 6'' x 6''. It's just pitcutes of ideas and a few words. No depth or instruction. DO NOY BUY - other than to save on postage!
on 5 October 2015
Compact (13.5 X 15.5 cm) book, lots of glossy pictures of individual items but I was hoping to see more photos of actual gardens from above. However it has given me some ideas to be used around my garden.
on 6 January 2013
straight forward ideas - clear images some obvious but a few really inventive quirky ideas - got me thinking - good if stuck as an idea starter