on 6 January 2016
Bought this as a gift for my mother. I'd originally bought one from Argos which turned out to have the previous model in the box! We only realised when my mother had trouble following the instructions to tune the radio. It was promptly returned and I bought one off Amazon. The differences are subtle but make life easier - the programmable buttons actually function, and there's a separate volume control rather than a combined volume/tuning control. It's picked up all local DAB channels as well as national ones which is impressive, and the sound quality is reasonable enough.

Happy with the purchase and would definitely buy again should the need arise.
on 1 July 2017
Purchased to replace the Hubby's beloved Roberts DAB radio that sadly broke. (It had survived many major batterings over the years! Water, being dropped several times, being squashed and a house fire!) Didn't know what to expect as it was significantly cheaper than the one he had. It's a smart radio and not too bulky. Good sound and easy to use. The only downside is that it doesn't tell you what song it playing like his old one but that's no biggie. Really pleased with purchase and he's not so miserable about his broken one now. Roberts all the way, you can't fail.
on 15 June 2014
This does what a radio does without any hi-tech rubbish. I don't use it very often and occasionally have to glance at the instructions, but apart from that, I would say it is a no-nonsense radio with excellent reception.
on 31 December 2014
We loved this little radio. I bought it as a gift for my husband so he could listen in while in the kitchen. But the adaptor lead has stopped working so for the last 3 weeks he has been using batteries. He has replace the adaptor lead (he had assumed that as it still worked with batteries it was the lead) and it still doesn't work with the new lead. I am unable to find a way of returning it although it is less than a year old and should be under warranty. Very disappointing
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2016
Bought one for my Mum, liked it so much bought one for myself as well. Easy to use and set up etc, decent sound as well.
on 28 March 2017
Sound cuts out or becomes meaningless noise. Unimpressive.
on 6 October 2017
Class
on 10 July 2015
2nd one of this radio bought, liked the first so much bought again for different room - extremely easy to set up, v happy.
on 4 August 2015
This is a great little radio for the price. I wanted it for my conservatory and it is ideal. I can pre-set 3 FM stations and 3 Digital stations. It can be used with batteries or mains electricity. Very pleased with it.
on 13 January 2016
Excellent for its price. Simple to use by my partially sighted wife. Could do with perhaps one more programme button. I stuck white labels over the main on/off, +/- and programme buttons to help visually.