on 25 February 2014
This replaces my much older DAB which I have used for many years. Much loved especially as I have limited sight and radio is my main sourse of relaxation.
on 6 January 2016
Bought this as a gift for my mother. I'd originally bought one from Argos which turned out to have the previous model in the box! We only realised when my mother had trouble following the instructions to tune the radio. It was promptly returned and I bought one off Amazon. The differences are subtle but make life easier - the programmable buttons actually function, and there's a separate volume control rather than a combined volume/tuning control. It's picked up all local DAB channels as well as national ones which is impressive, and the sound quality is reasonable enough.

Happy with the purchase and would definitely buy again should the need arise.
on 23 June 2015
At last a DAB that actually works. I gave up on DAB some years ago due to very poor reception so bought this for the FM radio. Out of the box, plug in, press and hold mode for FM or DAB etc, twist and press the big knob and the auto search began picking up many very clear DAB stations. Pick the ones you like press and hold the preset buttons and that's about that.
Very simple to use, looks nice, good sound, just bought another for a gift. Much much better than earlier more expensive radios I have managed to clutter my home with.
VINE VOICEon 11 January 2016
Lovely radio, picked up 100 stations when I first switched it on. Has pre-sets which are easy to set. Find the station you like (they are in alphabetical order) then press and hold the preset button you want to use - and the station is locked in. No base or treble adjustments (you get what you pay for) but this is a good quality radio which is easy to nice and great to listen to.
on 4 April 2016
Purchased for occasional use with DAB only as FM reception is poor in our area. This radio is compact and very light without batteries. The DAB set up is very fast, including time and date, and the display is very clear and large. It is on a slightly angled surface that makes it easy to see. The tone and volume are great, and we have no problems with the reception which is comparable with the other DAB radios we have.
All DAB radios have high battery drain, so we are using it via the supplied mains power adapter only. It is unplugged from the mains when not in use, but does not need to re-tune when powered up again.
This review concerns only the features of the radio, and not its reliability, as we purchased it less than a week ago.
on 31 January 2014
In 2008 I disposed of my dab radio as reception was so poor and have not had another radio till now, what a difference, fantastic reception across all stations, the only fault I could find is that it is perhaps too light and could do with some ballast. as regards radio itself come back Terry Wogan, as the content on a lot of stations now days is abysmal.
on 15 June 2014
This does what a radio does without any hi-tech rubbish. I don't use it very often and occasionally have to glance at the instructions, but apart from that, I would say it is a no-nonsense radio with excellent reception.
on 1 January 2014
Easy to use, portable, clear sound, easy to set. All the family use this radio. Very pleased with it. Bargain for the money.
on 13 February 2016
what a fab radio; much better then i expected for the price, good looking..fabulous sound quality. .crystal clear. .fabulous reception in my poor area...sets itself up, simples. i highly recommend this dab plus radio, its dab plus an important feature for future proofing.
on 30 July 2015
We have several radios in the house but needed a small, portable digital one to pick up Radio Leeds. It was easy to set up as it had clear instructions and the reception is perfect. It's so good that we recommended it to a friend and she went and bought the same model. It could be that we are fortunate in getting a good signal, but it is far better than we could have expected given the reasonable price.