Size: MINIRIG|Colour Name: Black|Change
Price:£119.95 - £139.99

on 26 November 2011
The sound that comes out of this device is truly remarkable given its size. It's punchy, clean and can fill a room. For the money you get a solid, well built and robust speaker that delivers what it promises and then some. It doesn't have an external power supply - you can charge it via USB and the battery life is long. Furthermore, it automatically shuts down as soon as you disconnect an audio lead from it.

There are two gains - high and low - with a good limiter to prevent distortion. You can also daisy chain the speakers for stereo effect - if a group of you have one each, then great sound via an ipod at a picnic, festival or whatever is yours. For the money you get solid quality UK engineering - support your local economy and ditch those crappy portable speakers you have.
on 18 July 2012
Bought this product after a read of the description and a few 5* star reviews.
I could tell from the description that it would tick the boxes I need, I dont need flashing lights, space travel design etc just needed a portable speaker that works.
While waiting for delivery I read the rest of the reviews from Amazon and various website's and became eager to get my hands on it. It arrived today fully charged (you can tell Mr Minirig is a gadget man, nothing worse than having to charge your new toy for hours before you can try it out)
Initial impressions were good running off my phones output (Sony Xperia S), I know the output of my phone is fair/good for a mobile phone but it wasn't until curiosity got the better of me and I plugged the Minirig into the headphone output of my Creek amplifer paired to a Naim CD player that I got to hear how good the little Minirig is. With a decent source and placed on a solid surface idealy near a wall the speaker really does defy its form factor. It has a full bodied even sound that impresses.
Is the Minirig expensive? Yes, is it worth the asking price? Yes.
One happy shopper.
on 13 May 2014
First of all, I just love the colour and the build quality. It is bigger than I expected but that also means that it has plenty of oomph and the sound at full volume can easily fill a large room and more. Excellent tone, loud and clear with warm, deep tones and good base, not at all tinny . There is also an alternative lower volume setting for when it is being used for individual use e.g playing You tube clips - the audio cable then plugs into a different port. The unit has no volume control so volume has to be controlled from the sound source (iPad, laptop etc)

It comes with a small pouch for when not in use or when travelling which is a useful to protect the unit and keep free from dust.

Only works with a wired connection - NOT a Bluetooth device. Comes with an Audio cable (3.5mm jack-jack), a USB Charging cable which works from a laptop or with a 3 pin plug (not supplied), a user Manual and a padded nylon zip case.

I love it and would definitely recommend. Oh and it is a UK product - designed, made, tested and packaged in the UK
on 1 May 2014
I purchased a Minirig speaker back in February and absolutely loved it; so much so that I recently decided to purchase another as well as a sub so that I could make a full 2.1 system.

I had always been impressed by the sound that the individual speaker produced, but having a full 2.1 system just blows it out of the water. The bass that this tiny and lightweight sub can produce is just astounding and really compliments the speakers very well. While the speakers are very good as a stand alone, you simply don't realise how much a little bass improves the sound.

I listen to a range of music and the sub really works well with all types. It has the power and brunt for bass heavy music but it's not overpowering when listening to less bass heavy music; it just provides a lovely warmth and fills in the gaps that the Minirigs can't quite reach.

I purchased this set-up primarily as a portable system and due to its size/weight and vast battery life, it is more than capable of doing that. However, as a student I will be moving away from home to Uni in September and so I was looking for a replacement for my current hifi as I won't want to transport it every time I pop home. This set-up is more than adequate to replace my current system, both in terms of power and sound quality.

I'm absolutely thrilled with my sub and two Minirigs and would recommend a full 2.1 set-up (or as much of one as you can afford) to anyone.
on 23 August 2012
Bought this speaker on Monday, received on Tuesday, great service! The speaker is amazing, the best I've heard and I have tested out lots in shops (Logik, iMain2Go, Gear4, JBL) and this makes the others seem inferior. This does lack Bluetooth functionality but apart from that the clarity is great, bass is a good level, durable, size is hand sized so perfect for travelling/holidays and this is loud. The BOSE soundlink is the only one which is of the same standard but honestly think this is better (Just less functionality but then you do get an awesome speaker and better battery life!)

5 Star rating, worth every penny and a very happy customer!

p.s. I do not write reviews, so for me to be this impressed, says it all.
on 17 July 2015
Have had this speaker for almost three years and it's still going strong.

I've taken care of mine, not leaving it out in the rain and always packing it away inside it's cylinder case.

It's been amazing. Fully charged it lasts about two days of almost constant music playing. Really been the life saver at pool and outdoor parties. Anyone with a phone, plugs it in on high and you've got party music. It's really loud, sounds great and super portable. Have used it for music, movies and even Skype calls.

Everyone should have one of these.
on 30 August 2014
This little speaker is everything I need it to be. I'd heard a friend's mini rig and was so impressed I wanted one immediately but was always put off by the price. Toyed with the idea of a cheaper make but none ever felt as good as the mini rig. I eventually bit the bullet and bought myself one. Worth every penny. No regrets. Even without the subwoofer it sounds awesome. Absolute quality.
on 16 June 2014
Love my minirig, I got a blue one, the case it comes in is a great fit and gives so e padding. The sound quality is second to none for its size. Battery storage is massive, I hardly ever have to charge mine. So versatile, portable and cool. Thank you
on 24 November 2013
The best portable soundsystem! Such a great sound. Lightweight. No complaints whatsoever! Price is high for woofer but the quality is everything you want. Took me a couple days to notice I was putting cables in wrong & playing it in low power. Now I know to attached my iPod to the high gain first, then go out the subs low gain to the minirigs. Sorted. Neurofunk all day long! Boom
on 27 October 2013
I have 2 minirigs for the stereo sound which are truly impressive and now the family are complete with the sub
the set up cost over £300 pound but for that money you can't get the quality of sound on something with around 30-50 hrs playback on a charge and portable believe me I've bought enough to know !
Over all quality sound made in the UK which is rare these day so you know it's quality made no fancy gadgets just back to basics great music for your ears !