on 29 January 2014
Having used the Hardcore case for my iPhone 4S, I was generally pleased with the Hardcore range. However, I bought the iPhone 5 vesion for my father in law and it is embarrassing.

I seriously hope the designer of the 5S Hardcore case is reading this. These are the type of design errors that would have me getting shouted at....when I was in secondary school.

Where the product earns its only one star, is the reinforced holster clip that now features spars across the tab. Go Ballistic probably had so many returns with the fragile engineering of its predecessor, they had to re-design it. Seriously, this is the only good thing about it.

For starters, what is the point of the flimsy stand flap at the back? This broke as soon as it was used, the tiny hinge crumbled and even if it did survive more than a few days, I could see this pinging off in the event of a drop. I have always propped my phone up against any object to view, the inclusion of this twee stand is superfluous and inferior.

The flimsy rubber bridge near the mute button was next to prove useless. After only a few days pocket friction, it had loosened and stretched to resemble a loop!

As a tradesman, I am always in dusty, gritty environments and the 4S Hardcore case rarely let any foreign matter in. However, Go Ballistic seem to have viewed a huge hole at the front of the case for the ear speaker and a huge hole at the back for camera an improvement. This led to grit and dust migrating between the screen protector and the 'phone.

C'mon Go Ballistic, these three design blunders are pretty shocking. Just design it the same as the former 4S Hardcore case with the reinforced tab and you shall have a winner.
on 19 February 2013
Much more expensive, but not better than the Otterbox (Defender); dust is caught behind the clear plastic; hard to dis-assemble to clean.
on 13 September 2013
If you are clumsy, prone to dropping your phone , ( like me), you need this case, it does add a lot of weight , as well as size, but the protection is first class, after all it is military grade, apparently its been drop tested to 15+ feet, it probably won't be long before its tested to its limit by me :-)
on 28 March 2013
This case is brilliant, makes the I Phone 5 look a bit like a phone from the 80's cos its that chunky but my Husband works as a bricky on a Building site and this case protects the phone so well. If you are getting or have got an I Phone 5, you obviously have invested in having a good piece of equipment then why not make sure it is properly looked after. I would deffo recommend this case.
on 28 March 2013
This has got to be the most protective case I've ever come across, the layers mean extra bulk but the belt clip (again large) means that it never needs to fit into a pocket.

Go out and get one if you want to prevent dropping your phone meaning a bill for repairs!
on 7 February 2015
When it arrived the packaging was a mess and I was very disappointed given how much I had payed once I opened it though I was pleasantly surprised. I really like this case. It does what I expect. It protects the phone so well. There is an added feature of covers for all parts ie the headphone slot has a cover on that can be opened. As does the charger port and the silent button. It really does protect the phone. That said with the silicone part it is quite bulky which I think is a slight negative. Also as there is an added screen protector you have to reteach yourself to type on the phone as you have to press on the screen a bit harder. The case it's self does what it is functioned to do and definitely protects the phone you also don't have to worry about it falling off. Once I put te phone in the case struggled to get it back out as there is a really good join between the two pieces of the case.
The only think I would say is don't buy the all black one. I wish I had bought on with a colour as it would have made it look a bit better.
on 7 June 2013
my mate sam has one and he dropped it in a skip by mistake. we then put 10 tons of rubble on top, on emptying the skipnew phone was still intact, with a £400 phone can you afford anything less! absolutely true story
on 3 October 2013
I bought this for my husband who is a busy workman always covered in rubble dust and up and down ladders. So when he got his new iphone5 he was having to be very careful not do brake it, after getting this case he feels more relaxed when using his phone on site.
on 23 September 2014
After 10 months infrequent use the plastic clip that secures the phone inside the rigid case failed.
Do not consider this case is durable enough for daily use.
Would definitely not recommend this product.
on 16 September 2013
I'm a very clumsy individual who drop their phone on a daily basis and needed buy a case so I didn't brake my iPhone5 and this case is brilliant I have drop it down the stairs by accident and drop it many times by accident and there's no scratches, and no damage this case does exactly what it says and I would recommend anyone who is a clumsy as me with their phone should invest in one!

See one answered question