Customer reviews

The 2012 Ryder Cup: Official Film [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 14 January 2013
I don't seem to tire of watching this. I don't have Sky so I missed the live drama on TV (listened instead), but this keeps the emotions alive for me. Very well produced (which surprised me), it introduces the event really well, and then tells the story as it unfolded. It puts Poulter's astounding 5 birdies back into the timeline where we didn't feel it coming. The final day is, of course, the golf equivalent of 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff, and the dvd captures the real drama from Donald's inspiring start to Rose's phenomenal putt. Not overly sentimental, but just enough of Olly and Seve to raise a tear. Enjoyed this so much I got a cpoy for my Dad. Highly recommeded.
on 26 May 2013
Working abroad whilst the Ryder Cup 2012 was in progress meant that I did not get to see the golf, and only had the Sports News at the end of the day to let me know what was going on. It was obviously a fantastic sporting occasion and a great result for us Europeans. The DVD gives a detailed day by day, hole by hole and player by player bulletin of the match as it unfolded. It gave me not only the facts but also a good feel for the atmosphere with good commentary. I would recommend it for anyone who has not seen the match, or who just wants to revisit the incredible play on the last day.
on 10 November 2014
Great entertainment for followers of golf. This is a Ryder Cup comeback which was truly fantastic. Even having gone through the agony of the first few days, live, the ecstasy that the European golfers provided in winning, from an almost imposable position, will live long in the memory.
Better that a hole in one!!
on 29 January 2013
A superb record of an astonishing golfing event. The background stories were really well presented and gave thorough insight into some of what happens. The disks showed the range of emotions that players went through - as well as the humour - which was very evident.
Hours of absorbing viewing - an absolute must for golf fans.
on 11 February 2013
I bought this DVD because I missed the TV coverage because I was abroad.I was following the day to day action on my iPad and couldn't believe what happened on the last day and half so had to see it.The production has its problems,the background music intrudes and there is too much of the opening ceremony and not enough action but I thoroughly enjoyed the DVD.Of course the Ryder Cup 2012 is now along time ago but it fitted perfectly into a year of superb sporting achievement.alan crompton
on 21 February 2013
Although the film of this classic event does not quite go into all of the detail a golf enthusiast would like, it never the less nails that feeling of competitive golf. Ian pouter's amazing drive and determination is completely captured, as is the passion from all of the players on both side of the great golfing divide. I have no hesitation in recommending this film to anyone who would wish to simply view it as the spectical it was or for those in the sporting arena who would use it as an example of one the most incredible comebacks in any sporting field.
on 22 August 2017
Sent as a gift. Recipient was pleased. Would use again.
on 1 June 2013
Simply stunning blu ray quality is great, this one really is the best ryder cup ever drawing on the memory of Seve to inspire the greatest come back in history. I am an Australian through and through but I can speak for most of us Aussies when I say ' we like nothing better than seeing the Yanks get beaten'. Bring on 2014!
on 29 March 2013
very good, background music very off putting. dvd very basic compared to previous versions. who suggested the music background does not play golf.
on 2 December 2012
What a stunning DVD Review of what was possibly the greatest sporting come back of all time.
I've got the previous 6 Ryder Cup Reviews, which are all excellent, but this is by far the best yet.
It's not just the way Europe won. The way it's filmed & commentated on is superb, capturing not just the key moments
but also the atmosphere at the event. Especially on the Sunday when you could feel the Americans confidence turning during the day. The Blue dominating the top of the leader board had a marked effect on the American team & you can really sense that when watching it back.
The ending was stuff dreams are made of. Every European putt seemed to be going in & the Americans for once started to wobble at the crucial time.
I too was lucky enough to be in Medinah for this historic event. I did worry that the DVD could never capture the excitment & tension of that last day & i'm glad to say they've more than surpassed my expectations with this brilliant Review.
MUST BUY, not just for Golf Fans but all fans of great sporting events.Drama in the most extreme!!STUNNING!!!