on 16 October 2015
Great soundbar, very powerful.

The remote control isn't great, however I programmed my Sky remote to work with the soundbar so rarely use the standard remote.

I did initially have lip-sync problems with my Sony tv, however I read that changing the settings to 'gaming' would fix the problem and it did.

The bass is awesome. Very pleased.

Bought from Richer Sounds for £250
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2014
I'm 101% Happy with this sound bar!! the sub kicks Great and I have my bar on the wall under my TV, it looks great just remember to switch it over to wall mode if you do have it on the wall, the little controller that comes with it is nothing great but I have hooked my sky and TV remotes up with this you can have up to 3 remotes hooked up to it, I use optical cable but it has 3 HDMI slots.
I would 101% Recommend this item to anyone looking to buy a nice sound bar, I got this on offer from here at the time so was even more of a bonus!! P&P was fantastic and very fast!!
on 25 November 2014
Let me tell you something. If you are on a market for a soundbar and you can get your hands on this JBL SB400, don't miss out. Forget about all sony, samsung or lg products, JBL is a differenf world. This model was nominated as the best soundbar under 500 pounds in UK and if you are lucky you can get it for 250 pounds. This is a real stuff, amazing sound and clear bass. Realy realy great product.
on 20 July 2014
Fantastic value. great sound. incredible bass. blue tooth works well. Netflix has never sounded so good.
on 8 July 2013
I have recently purchased this sound bar and I am glad to say I was blown away with the sound. I rented Django on blu ray and the sound was amazing switching between the action a dialogue with the volume adjusting accordingly. I use the sound bar for my TV in stereo mode and what a difference it makes as I can hear the sound over my noisey 3 year.
on 10 December 2013
Really pleased with the look, sound and quality of build of this product. This is a first sound bar for me - I was looking for something simple with minimal cables in view of a toddler now in the house - 5.1 sound systems are currently a no go in my lounge! Bought to compliment a 50" LED recently wall mounted but whcih suffered from thin sound. Simple to set up - took about 30 minutes from starting to open boxes to getting sound out. Takes a bit of time to adjust the sound to your taste but that for me is part of the fun. Great sound, clear with nice bass and goes plenty loud enough although obviously lacks the ultimate refinement and grunt of my full on home cinema system in the AV room. Particularly like the blue tooth connectivety, very useful to be able to stream music from my tablet or phone to the unit and keep my toddler entertained.
on 21 January 2015
I am buying this to replace the 10 year old 5.1 home cinema system. I can't say it can out perform the proper surround system but it is not bad at all. Bass is sufficient and I found the sound quality is better when wall mounted.
on 15 February 2014
Information to all People in Germany. The Produkt was delivered to me with 4x power cables (2x with uk Plug and 2x with German or Europe Plug) so you must not Order aditionally Other Adapter.
on 30 March 2015
Awesome Soundbar ! Check RicherSound for better price. Just bought mine 29/03/2015 for £250 !! Subwoofer looks stunning !! 70% of cinemas using JBL speakers :-)
on 21 December 2013
What a fantastic Soundbar and sub woofer. I bought this to replace my 10 year old Samsung DVD/Amp and speaker system. Had a little bit of trouble getting them paired (wifi) but we got there. But when connected to the soundbar.........WOW. I actually bought this in Preston, I even got my car park charge back too. So in the end it was only £247. What a great piece of equipment for that money. It looks good, sounds amazing and has 3 HDMI slots as well as the usual Optical input and on top of that a Blue-tooth capability too, as well as a wireless sub woofer. in all I am extremely pleased with my purchase. It ticks all the boxes without compromise. The soundbar alone makes the TV sound superb, richer sounding and more detailed than the tinny LCD speakers, but when the sub woofer wifi synced with the Soundbar.......then it was an OMG moment in the best possible way. I put on a music bluray and the detail and bass was amazing, it made my old Samsung unit seem like an absolute antique. The only very slight quibble I have is the small size of the remote, I could have done with a more substantial one, as the one provided is quite small and will be easy to loose. But that aside its an amazingly good piece of Audio, don't think the neighbours will agree though. But its put a big smile on my face.