10,215
Size: 1TB|Change

on 12 May 2014
delivery was amazingly fast. I placed the order on Fri, and got it on Mon. Love the design of the case. It is very light weight, compact with full support document/software inside. I am using it to backup my important data
on 14 February 2015
This is the second one of these I have purchased. The first one came with a strong and sturdy cable. My second one came with a much less sturdy cable but the device itself is great. So handy and practice. Unlike the D3 station which has to be plugged in to work. This one os totally portable device to device. They're great.
on 13 April 2015
This http://amzn.to/1IG0frP is absolute perfection in my opinion - the size is just right, the colour, finish and all over general design is spot on and the 1TB of storage that this http://amzn.to/1IG0frP offers makes me a very happy chappy!
on 13 January 2014
It's a decent price, the case feels well made and looks OK, the USB while not long is not one of the really short ones and the price was good. Need a 500GB portable harddrive, then this will certainly meet the need.

Time may tell otherwise, but running well so far.

To be honest though, I tend to decide size needed and compare prices for those not slated, so while I'm happy with what I got, it won't make me look to Samsung again and stop my normal habits which usually sees me buying WD essentials. This looks better, feels better for travel than those, and that is what I needed so better for this need. But can't say it's better than others so 4 stars only.
on 4 July 2015
Stopped working all of a sudden and I can't seem to find any support for the product. It's expensive to get it fixed and as I have had it for 11 months I doubt I can get any refund from amazon.

Looks like I have just lost a TB of data.
on 17 February 2014
I purchased this hard-drive approximately one month ago from Amazon; as I was working on both Mac and windows and the other reviews seemed fairly positive.

Without any damage to the hard-drive (such as being dropped, or bashed etc) it just stopped working, and the drive became unavilable on the PC. Checking the online forums it seems that this is a fairly common problem (even in very new devices like mine) with little option or hope for successful recovery of the data (all common methods for data recovery exhausted and unsuccessful).

I would not recommend purchasing this hard-drive.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2015
This is the second one I own got it because it's USB 3 thought I'd try it on my Xbox one works a treat, a must have for anyone that needs to upgrade the rubbish 500GB that comes built in. Got one for my pc as well works fine on that too.
on 16 June 2013
I upgraded to this hard drive from my last western digital 500GB hard drive which had to be plugged in to a wall socket for power. This hard drive is half the size, twice the storage and USB powered which is great. The only drawback for me is that it isn't recognised by my xbox 360 as an external device to play avi files on. I managed to remedy this with some research on youtube. I found that if you make a partition drive no bigger than 32GB within the hard drive, the xbox can then recognise it as an external device to play video files from. There are a few videos on youtube which show you how. Hope this helps!
on 29 March 2014
The device is neat and appears solid, including the cable connexions.
The Samsung SW is simple to use once the somewhat obscurely worded manual has been mastered; the SW functions not being immediately obvious.
A quality 2TB device at this price is really good value.
on 18 November 2012
It took me bit of time to get to know how it works but I have managed after short time. It is very nice and small box so it doesn't take much space. The 1TB capacity is more than enough. I am very happy I have bought this product.