• Chalk

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.48

What do you think about dinosaurs? Do you like to draw?

The author, Bill Thomson, has written a brilliant book. This is a book for children with imaginations, and I have not seen many who are not imaginative. We find ourselves in a park on a rainy day, with children who find some chalk. Soon they are drawing pictures with the chalk. The sun, butterflies, a dinosaur, and soon they all come to life. The sun shines, the butterflies fly, and well, the dinosaur is there. When you read this book, you will discover what occurs next.

Adults will enjoy this book along with the children. The children will be able to make the story up as they go along and put words into the childrens' mouths. The illustrations by Bill Thomson are bright, vivid and colorful. They depict the story as it is seen. This is quite an innovative book, and a fullmclassroom would really enjoy this book as much as one child.

Recommended. prisrob 06-07-17
on 13 June 2014
Purchased this along with a few other ebooks before going on holiday recently. I failed to pick up on the fact it has no narrative, no words to read. To be fair though going back to the item description its quite clear so that's my fault for not reading the decription thoroughly. However the kids loved it because every time I told the story, it was a little bit different. It inspired them to be imaginative after they got what the story was about and they probably asked me to 'read' this book more than any other while we are away. So why 4 stars and not 5. My view is that childrens books are there to encourage children to read. My 6 year old loves reading but wont touch this book unless I read it to her, but she loves it when I do, which is great because I love reading to the kids. The drawings by the way are amazing, although they are that good I do wonder if in fact they are computer generated...
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2013
Wonderful story - fuels the imagination :)
My children and I love it!

An excellent picture story book - probably ideal for 5yrs +
on 2 April 2016
Beautifully illustrated book.Great for getting children to think about descriptive writing.
on 6 September 2016
Brilliant book for dinosaur lovers! Really encourages children's imagination.
on 4 July 2015
Great openended story suitable for 4 yes , went great with a bag of chalks.