Colour Name: Privacy|Change

on 20 September 2014
Bought this beautiful screen protector as a replacement for a Spigen that I mistakenly bought and paid significantly more for after it failed!

The Tech Armor protector was SO much easier to install having less plastic coverings and confusing labels to pull off.

The Tech Armor protector went on first time perfectly!

Love it!

One handy tip for all of you. If you have an extractor fan above your hob then switch it on to full power and do the protector install under it. It'll pull all the small flying dust particles away from your phone and believe me it DOES make the whole dust thing vanish. Good luck and thank you Tech Armor for making a brilliant product!
on 13 April 2016
I was hessitant on this one as screen protectors seem to vary in quality. I used this on a new iPhone SE. It is very good and the little touches that Tech Armor have included and thought about in applying to a screen. One is that they provide 'locating tabs', little light sticky tabs with a non sticky end to handle. With the flexible plastic screen covers you can kind of roll the protector down squeezing out air bubbles. You can't do that with these glass protectors, they'll break. These tabs get placed at x2 corner of the protector and it allows for a precision locating of the protector on the phone. Make sure that you have absolutely NO dust or particles on the screen as when these protectors go down then it is near impossible to use them again with a faultless finish.
I placed mine on flat in one go and it just kind of molds itself to the iPhone screen. Use the cleaning cloth and your fingers to squeeze out any small bubbles at the edges. Not wishing to blow my own trumpet but you wouldn't know I had a screen cover on the phone now. Its surface is very nice to the touch and doesn't restriict the use of the phone at all.
I can highly recommend if you follow some basic instructions (in the pack) and take your time.
on 28 December 2015
I did a lot of research into privacy screens before I purchased one, not least because I already used a screen protector, so I needed to concern myself with whether that would be an issue or not, along with all the other questions that I had:

1. Is the screen darker with the protector on, if so by how much (%)?
2. Can someone behind you see what's on the screen?
3. How far away does someone have to be for the screen to take effect?
4. If viewed head on is there a maximum distance that the screen can be viewed e.g. arm length?
5. Does the screen darken at the edges (top and bottom) if held horizontally?
6. Is the screen protector smooth to the touch like the iPhone's original screen?
7. Can the protector be applied several times if not strait, or just a one shot adhesive bond?
8. In low light conditions, with a high brightness, how well does the privacy feature perform (does it leak?)

I can confirm the following:

1. It is, I would say around 5-10% less bright, with the iPhone set to full brightness. Even in Low Power Mode (LPM) and the brightness set all the way down the screen can still be seen, just. To set LPM just ask Siri. I recommend it for use on the bus where people sit behind you.

2. Yes they could. As mentioned in A:1, set the screen brightness down, or hug it closer to your chest to prevent those behind from seeing. I would like to see a redesigned product that makes distance a factor, possibly a "5-way" protector i.e. arms length.

3+4. The distance is irrelevant, the screen does not dim based on proximity, so long as it's viewed head on. On the Underground (train) here in London where people usually sit next to each other then it's fine, but on the bus, where people a behind, it's a weak link in the product.

5. Yes, "4-way" means all sides of the bezel are catered for, while "2-way" means only the left and right sides (if held in a portrait fashion).

6. It's smooth, but different. The screen is a matt finish and smoother, it's also more classy looking. I don't know why Apple don't make a matt finish, it's very nice, it doesn't take to finger prints very well either.

7. Yes, I had to reapply the screen several times, just be careful when removing it, you get a few attempts. Be sure the make surface thoroughly clean though, the bubbles will never go from the middle unless you make sure they've all been squeezed out on application, you can only get rid of the ones on the edges and those are hard enough. I do NOT recommend you use the "Dust Removal Tape" as it left a sticky residue on the screen, just use the provided cloth (which wasn't that great, I'd recommend using some kitchen towel to remove the grease beforehand). On top of that the video on Tech Armour's website was down, but it was on YouTube.

8. At full brightness, the mode I always use, it does leak, that is a fact. But it leaks shapes, especially white ones. Something I noticed when looking on maps was that it favoured the dark greens and blues and with iOS 9 the feature in Safari's "Reader" mode now allows for a dark background to be selected, use black over grey as it works better. I must say, I though that this wouldn't happen, but it does.

Someone mentioned that now they could not read the time on their Lock Screen but I can. I don't know if this is down to the redesign from Johnny Ive or not, but the clock's font is so large that you now can, but as for normal text, forget it, even on a white background. However, I still expected it to black out completely, not sure why they can't nail that one?

As I mentioned I had a further concern that most; that being that I already had the Kickstarter project "RhinoShield" on my phone, both the bezel and screen cover, but I can confirm that it fits perfectly!

Not only this, but as a second layer to the screen protector I am still receiving good response from the touch display, this something I was very concerned about. There is no dedicated app to testing the screen's sensitivity but there is a website that provides some feedback on a Swedish site from Spark Attrakt

Viewed on the iPhone I use two fingers to complete the circuit as it were and the lightest of touches works. This, paired with everyday use, confirms that the sensitivity of the iPhone 5S is sufficient to recognise a user's touch, so I'm relieved about that.
review image review image
on 20 August 2016
These screen protectors are great, but to stop you purchasing the wrong one you need to know which version you have as they are different sizes.

All you need to find out is whether it's a 2015 or a 2016 model phone and ensure you order the right one to save wasting time and money. It's not often that a manufacturer makes two phone with the same model name one year after the other, but maybe they are running out of model names or just really liked this one, who knows.

Pros
High Quality
Fits perfectly
No air bubbles
Gives high level of screen protection
I have used these many times on various phones and they have saved my screen many many times.

Cons
They smear easily, but easily resolved with a cleaning cloth.

I always recommend having one of these on your phone, your crazy not too. For the price you pay vs the price, hassle and time of having your screen replaced, it's a no brainer in my book.

Highly recommended product.
on 5 May 2014
This is the best screen protector I have ever found. A little tricky to install, but well worth the effort.
The result is amazing.........not a bubble in sight and by using the Anti glare version I can use both my iPhone and iPad in sunlight !!
Highly recommend this product. I'm looking at their iPhone cases now.
on 29 May 2016
Already purchased this item in 2013 so just went in and re-ordered for my new phone. Completely different item arrived. After putting on my phone the screen was blurry. Did receive immediate refund but not same quality as previous. I was very disappointed as I love all screen protectors. Hopefully company go back to original design.
on 12 March 2014
Dust under screen protectors has been the bane of my life. UNTIL NOW.

I read all of the instructions and watched the on line video. Look pretty easy! Nothing can be that easy.

Polished the table to remove dust and static. Washed my hands (as per the instructions). Followed the simple instructions and the protector sat neatly in position. Pushed out the two large bubbles with a finger and I was done.

It was really easy, first time, no dust, no glitches. I would take a photograph but the protector is glass clear so you can't see anything.

Am I happy or what (happy by the way). My new iPhone is protected and looks very pretty. I've smiled so much that my face aches!

Sure it costs a little more, but then my 5s also cost a little (LOT) more so it is worth the investment in a quality screen protector.
on 24 January 2016
Easy to install. Comes with wipes, applicator, good instructions. Being thick (as opposed to the flimsy plastic ones) it goes on really easily. Bought this for my daughters IPhone 5C but had one on my iPhone 5S too - I dropped my phone out my pocket (face down) then proceeded to step on it (in a garage forecourt). Turned it over and the whole screen was smashed.....or so it looked until I peeled off the tech guard and saw that my screen was unblemished! 👍
on 20 November 2014
had cause to praise this within a week of purchase - allows me to use my iPhone without a case - dropped it from about 8 feet onto a concrete floor landing right on the corner of the phone.... screen protector shattered and cracked but the phone screen below was completely unscathed. put in an immediate order for another!
on 24 August 2015
Super screen protectors and easy to apply. I've tried several and these are the best by far. They attach in a smooth easy way with bubble free application - something I have found difficult with other screen protectors. The only negative is that they do dim the screen so the colours are a bit muted - but I would much rather have that than a screen full of bubbles.