Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.32

on 26 January 2013
The Times states that it has been at every Olympic Games since Athens in 1896, so you can rest assured that this is the authoritative account. All of those great moments in Olympic history are captured here in one volume, from Eric Liddell's 'Chariots of Fire' victory in Paris in 1924, to Seb Coe's unforgettable triumph in Moscow in 1980, and Steve Redgrave's fifth gold medal in Sydney in 2000. And so much more. Brilliant.
on 31 July 2012
I love watching the Olympic Games and I think I watched every single edition of the past 20 years. Being so passionate about the Games, I thought to myself what better book to read during the Olympic Games than a book about... The Olympic Games!
I bought this one because it goes far back to the first modern Olympic Games. I was also looking forward to a journalistic perspective of the Games because they are, without a doubt, (perhaps more than anything else) a media event!
Although the approach is that of a serious newspaper (and that is what I wished for, so I was glad about it), the stories don't lack entertainment, emotion, excitement, and, at times, an academic kind of historical, sociological, cultural analysis.
A great book!
on 9 November 2012
Excellent download, True version of stories as written at the time of the event makes an excellent read as if you were there at the time. Great value for money