Customer reviews

Prog Rocks! Vol. 2
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 April 2015
The second volume of the 'Prog Rocks!' series doesn't veer dramatically from the formula of its predecessor - the curious listener gets another 2 CD package covering material old and new. As before, Disc 1 concentrates on the older masters of this genre with some extremely interesting material from the likes of Steve Hillage and Hatfield & The North sitting happily alongside classics by Steve Hackett and Jethro Tull. Disc 2 is far less familiar and serves to introduce the uninitiated to (mostly) 21st Century prog; personally, I didn't derive as much enjoyment from Disc 2 as I had hoped, but, there are some decent bands to be found e.g The Flower Kings and 1980s 'stalwarts' It Bites. Overall, this product is worth buying but I don't think I'll be going any further with this series in the near future.
on 23 May 2014
this is the second time I have purchased this volume, not because I wanted too, but my son wouldn't let me have my original copy back !!! Once again tracks never heard of by bands never heard of but it sure make you delve into the genre for more,
keep it up Prog Rock Rules !!!!
on 13 November 2015
Brilliant CD chock full of old and new Prog Rock tracks. Excellent value for the money. I've collected all 4 volumes. Definitely worth it.
review image
on 28 December 2012
I love this CD (and volume 1, too). It has some great tracks from prog rock bands from the 70s right up to current bands. Many of them I had never heard before, but I love them and have gone on to buy their CDs too. If you're interested in prog rock and want to know more then this set is a must. I recommend it whole-heartedly.
on 28 July 2014
loved this collection. amazing songs from an amazing time
on 17 September 2014
prog
on 8 October 2012
it was great i really appreciate the selection tracks.the package was good and the cover is amazing,really good i like it
on 20 February 2013
Much like the Sampler albums I used to buy on a regular basis many years ago.
The title says it all.
A great era in which I was lucky enough to be part of.
There are some great tracks on this album along with the usual stuff.
Thoroughly enjoyed the ride on this album.
Prog does Rock and there are still some good prog bands around.
Keep listening.
on 31 December 2012
Very good selection of tracks, and not always the most popular one.
So you are hearing tracks that you haven't heard for sometime, & it brings all sorts of memory's back (great)
on 19 October 2013
Fair to middling. Old classics plus new Prog movers but former are not necessarily the best choices and the new 'movers' are not generally very exciting with no 'next big things' in sight here.