on 2 February 2013
Having purchased this book as a result of the very good reviews listed. I was astounded that re-visiting the book to add a review to find a "barrage of bad reviews that had suddenly!!" appeared, and having reviewed these 1 star's reviewers previous reviews and their own "wish lists" maybe this new BESTSELLER Author has ruffled feathers!

Personally from the second I opened the book I was well and truly hooked, I couldn't put it down. Frighteningly realistic story line and perfectly written to keep you on the edge.

His description of events and especially the characters placed me right in the action with this Viper Squad.

This is definitely a different style of book than you would normally expect for a Special Forces, Special Operations action genre novel.

It is well written with the extra special satellite imagery of Vipers target areas and weaponry, A nice touch and it really makes you believe this fiction adventure.

Lots of good action and not too over the top, with the gore.

The author knows where to stop without pushing it over the edge, letting the reader draw their own conclusions.

I wanted the story to go on and on and on; if you read it you will see exactly what I mean, and I think that's a good thing for a new author to achieve, especially into days book market.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Credit and constructive criticism is always needed and respected by any writer. I look forward to his next book and judging by this first one and the other 5 star reviews he has already acclaimed, I am sure it will again be a first class read.
on 16 April 2013
I was recommended to buy this book, read it in 7 hours straight. OMG! Brilliant is all I can say.
Much better than the usual `Black ops' on the market. It is a Dynamic story, full of action, special op's insight and so believable! Odd typo errors but can live with that; as it is the authors first book and self-published.
The story is real, the plot is real, and the characters are real; in my mind anyway!
I Love this Viper Squad, British Secret Service at its very best. That is how good this book is! Cannot wait for book 2, I want more!!!! When David Baker?
on 29 March 2014
This really was an all action thriller. I had never heard of David Baker before but I have NOW ! So engrossed was I in reading this novel that I really was disappointed when the end came. Not disappointed with the novel, just that it came to end. I enjoyed this 'VIPER' story so much that I bought his next two 'viper' novels immediately. Again, it was excellent reading and in fact had read all three of Bakers novels in one week.
David Baker is without doubt, going to turn into a writer on a par with Jack Higgins or Fredrick Forsyth. Hope there are more 'viper' novels in the pipeline.
on 1 October 2013
Five stars. .... Just as good if not better second time around ...I wanted to read both Vipers again before Viper 3 is released... I would recommend to anyone looking to buy this book to download both and eagerly await Viper 3. If you are a fan of black opps and special forces novels you will love this and the style of writing is superb. Now starting on Viper 2 in readiness for 3.
Ps was a fan of Jack Reacher .. But haven't bothered to read his latest book
on 1 January 2016
Can't get enough of these books. Great series, well written, good long read but never drags on. Always action on every page, easy to read and follow. Perfect author and writer and includes controversial topics of the day. I especially like the realistic technical gadgets and gizmos. There should be a film made of these.
on 1 February 2015
I'm sorry to be negative about someone else's efforts but this book really didn't grab me. The characterisation is very weak and this let's the whole story down. For example, the main characters are too often identified by their call signs instead of their names which, for me, added an unnecessary layer of doubt as to who was who. Coupled with only average action scenes, I felt the whole thing was a bit of a let down.
on 15 March 2013
Viper by David Baker proves that authors should write about what they know best. This author clearly knows his stuff and has put it into an exciting and believable story. Waiting for the next one.
on 28 January 2013
A must read, I could not put it down! Had me gripped from start to finish with its intense plot, I'd definitely recommend reading this book, I can't wait for the next one!
on 29 December 2012
This book is an absolutely gripping read; This New Authors style of writing is totally unique and refreshing and the story line is brilliant. You don't come across a book like this everyday and I am fast running out of good quality Men's Action Adventure and Special Forces genre.
I am so looking forward to `Viper 2 The Master of Tomorrows Spawn'.
I hope it is released soon!
A definite must to read; and I don't review often but this definitely deserved it.
I have to agree with other reviews of this book, would make an excellent film but the book would still be better as always.
on 19 April 2014
My friend told me about this series of books. Because of what I heard, I got this book by David Baker and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be getting the next book in the near future. I would recommend this author to any of my friends and colleagues.