Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 2 February 2013
Having purchased this book as a result of the very good reviews listed. I was astounded that re-visiting the book to add a review to find a "barrage of bad reviews that had suddenly!!" appeared, and having reviewed these 1 star's reviewers previous reviews and their own "wish lists" maybe this new BESTSELLER Author has ruffled feathers!

Personally from the second I opened the book I was well and truly hooked, I couldn't put it down. Frighteningly realistic story line and perfectly written to keep you on the edge.

His description of events and especially the characters placed me right in the action with this Viper Squad.

This is definitely a different style of book than you would normally expect for a Special Forces, Special Operations action genre novel.

It is well written with the extra special satellite imagery of Vipers target areas and weaponry, A nice touch and it really makes you believe this fiction adventure.

Lots of good action and not too over the top, with the gore.

The author knows where to stop without pushing it over the edge, letting the reader draw their own conclusions.

I wanted the story to go on and on and on; if you read it you will see exactly what I mean, and I think that's a good thing for a new author to achieve, especially into days book market.

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Credit and constructive criticism is always needed and respected by any writer. I look forward to his next book and judging by this first one and the other 5 star reviews he has already acclaimed, I am sure it will again be a first class read.
on 29 March 2014
This really was an all action thriller. I had never heard of David Baker before but I have NOW ! So engrossed was I in reading this novel that I really was disappointed when the end came. Not disappointed with the novel, just that it came to end. I enjoyed this 'VIPER' story so much that I bought his next two 'viper' novels immediately. Again, it was excellent reading and in fact had read all three of Bakers novels in one week.
David Baker is without doubt, going to turn into a writer on a par with Jack Higgins or Fredrick Forsyth. Hope there are more 'viper' novels in the pipeline.
on 1 February 2015
I'm sorry to be negative about someone else's efforts but this book really didn't grab me. The characterisation is very weak and this let's the whole story down. For example, the main characters are too often identified by their call signs instead of their names which, for me, added an unnecessary layer of doubt as to who was who. Coupled with only average action scenes, I felt the whole thing was a bit of a let down.
on 1 October 2013
Five stars. .... Just as good if not better second time around ...I wanted to read both Vipers again before Viper 3 is released... I would recommend to anyone looking to buy this book to download both and eagerly await Viper 3. If you are a fan of black opps and special forces novels you will love this and the style of writing is superb. Now starting on Viper 2 in readiness for 3.
Ps was a fan of Jack Reacher .. But haven't bothered to read his latest book
on 29 June 2017
Read this book after straying from my usual path of bish bash bosh. Pleasantly surprised and it kept me entertained with a smooth plot. Not to be missed a worthy effort.
on 16 April 2013
I was recommended to buy this book, read it in 7 hours straight. OMG! Brilliant is all I can say.
Much better than the usual `Black ops' on the market. It is a Dynamic story, full of action, special op's insight and so believable! Odd typo errors but can live with that; as it is the authors first book and self-published.
The story is real, the plot is real, and the characters are real; in my mind anyway!
I Love this Viper Squad, British Secret Service at its very best. That is how good this book is! Cannot wait for book 2, I want more!!!! When David Baker?
on 19 July 2013
I personally thought this book was excellent and so did my son in-law who reads a lot of this genre. I found the way this author has structured the book was totally different and it worked. I was getting bored with the usual shoot them to bits and let's be as graphic as possible.

The story flowed and the twists and turns to the plot made it worth reading as you never expected it. This was well thought out, kept the reader on the edge and I found it easy reading without too many military terms.

If there was a piece of equipment it was described enough so the reader knew what it was and what to expect, without all the usual repetitive and boring details or references.

Loved this Viper team, and enjoyed their characters and I can see that the (Author) has a lot of stories to tell and will no doubt add to the series. I have already downloaded his second book Viper 2 and we are looking forward to reading it.

To sum up, an exciting read, well put together and mixing the Special Forces with the Secret Service to produce a book that is well worth reading.

If this self-published author continues on this same vein he will undoubtedly become an international name, in this genre.
on 21 February 2014
Do not get me wrong, I gobbled this up and enjoyed the action and plot lines as well as the use of Northern Cyprus. Good subject and interesting idea of the special 'Viper' unit that allows follow up books. So what was the issue? Probably being picky but a few nerdy errors 'Uzi sub machine pistols are not made in Russia...the Israeli's would be most cross' and the slight taste of 80's Bond about it all..which as a criticism is not a bad one, also a few grammatical errors. Will I read the next one...yes. Will I be less of an arse about it? I am sure I will. Sorry.
Craig in Kent.
on 26 July 2012
Not really the usual book I tend to go for so I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it so much. Easy to visualise the scenes and very exciting in places so can see this series making a good movie eventually. I understand David is working on the second book at the moment so will look out for that one to download onto my Kindle for pc as soon as it is available. A great start to a very promising career I would say.
on 16 May 2017
I loved it.....action all the way! Just my kind of book and on the strength of that alone I've bought all the books in the series.

A cracking read....hurry up and write some more!