on 30 April 2017
Good story line full of human drama
Read all previous books in the series and will now read the next
Keep them coming please
Thanks
A good third book by Katherine John, full of suspense with plenty of twists and turns. Looking forward to the next, Black Daffodil. Can thoroughly recommend this series of books by Katherine.
on 3 April 2017
Enjoyed
on 19 September 2012
A good story, it got you interested from the begining and kept it going to the end of the book, I would definately recommend it.
on 19 August 2012
Murder Of A Dead Man is an exceptionally well written, authentic, police procedural novel with a gripping storyline and lots of suspense, mystery, twists and intrigue that kept me hooked (and biting my nails) right to the end.

The characters are very well developed and likable, while the camaraderie/dynamic between the police officers is extremely entertaining.

I found the denouement absolutely mind-blowing, I didn't see it coming!

A thoroughly enjoyable read, I highly recommend this novel. It's possibly the best I've read in this genre to date.

5+ stars, I'd give it 10 if I could and will definitely read more by this author. I loved it!
on 5 September 2012
I was very impressed with this novel! Had me gripped from the start trying to work out what was going on. There is no filing out in this book and it keeps at a good strong fast pace all the way through. I did notice an error in a name (it changed) which confused me slightly and I thought I was being clever for spotting it and seemingly it was a typing error, but that is my only criticism.
The relationships and banter between the police helps to lighten the mood of the book, the plot was fantastic and I didn't work the ending out at all. I will definitely add Katherine John to my list of authors to look out for.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 April 2013
As far as I can recall this is the first of this author's books that I have read, but I will look out for more. This is tightly written, well detailed and gripping. I could feel the frustrations and bewilderment of the officers as they struggled to understand the intricacies of this case. The characterisations are well drawn and the plot well laid. I sympathised with the problems of the officers trying to maintain a personal life and relationships whilst trying to get to the bottom of a difficult murder which seemed to get more complex with every bit of information they uncovered.
I like to try to work out the culprit from the clues but although in this instance, I did get it right, I have to confess that I didn't work it out, I just plucked a name randomly fairly early on and it was sheer luck that I was right.
I recommend this book unhesitatingly, it is one of the best books I have read for a long time.
on 7 December 2012
This is the 3rd book in the series and I really enjoyed it. Good storyline, very easy to read and I am really getting to know and love the regular characters. Just downloaded the 4th in the series.
on 30 September 2012
Yet again Katherine John has produced a 5 star piece of crime fiction. Her books just go from strength to strength.
The murder of a homeless man sees Trevor Joseph and Peter Collins back among the unfortunates who frequent the homeless shelters of Jubilee St. The case takes a complicated turn however when the victim is identified as someone who died two years previously. This is an excellent story with twists and turns in every chapter leading to an exciting climax. This author really can do no wrong.
on 19 July 2013
Another good read in the Trevor Joseph series with some interesting twists in the story. This book has been far better proof read making it a more fluent and enjoyable read.