on 5 December 2013
Don't buy anything from Advent.

I don't know where to start, most printers are infuriating somewhere along the line but this takes the ...

For some reason it doesn't allow you to print in black and white when the colour ink cartridge runs out?

The wireless on it is absolutely useless and never works for more than a day or two before you have to reset it by which time it just doesn't like wireless anymore.

It uses ink incredibly fast.

Just avoid Advent, I will be.
on 7 September 2012
I don't want to cast aspersions on any of these being sold second-hand on amazon. Presumably, the seller has found it works perfectly well.

That said, I found this model and a related one ... well, the rhyming slang version might be "not right".

I started off with an Advent AWP 10. I got as far as trying to install the print cartridges and couldn't do that. Nor could the nice people at Curry's/PC World, who replaced it with an AW 10.

That one would take ink. I concede that it was able to photocopy. But it refused to acknowledge the presence of my laptop, also an Advent, even when they were fastened by a cable.

So, another journey to Curry's/PC World. Which is not convenient when you have a bulky item but no car. The patient person replaced the AW 10, but took the trouble to check it would all work. She completely could not get the final driver to work. Thus, I would not be able to scan pictures to my computer or to print from it.

I wanted to scan. That is my main reason for buying the product. So, after 3 Advent products which even experts could not get to work, I accepted a refund. I am trying again with a new product not made by Advent.
on 25 September 2012
I bought the Advent AW10 initialy for my daughter but we all use it now. I barely needed the instructions as it was so simple to set up, and there are even prompts on the digital screen to assist you. The driver took a little while to install but it was worth the wait and it printed from all my devices first time. A great (Kodak based) printer at a great price; top tip: Amazon sell the ink at half the price of the shops.
on 7 July 2015
Personally I wouldn't even give this printer any stars. It is by far the worst printer I have ever bought. I purchased mine from Currys & then had to return to the store as there was no power lead in the box (this was my first warning). I won't bother telling you about the idiot that served me but lets say he shouldn't have been working there.
I finally get to plug in, set up etc, that was all fine.
The major problem comes with the ink cartridges. Not only do they not last for more than a few printouts, they cannot be re-filled as there is a chip to stop this. There is usually plenty of ink left in the cartridge before it stops working but the printer has an automatic stop to it. You cannot only use a black cartridge either, if the colour runs out & you only want to print in black you can't.
The replacement cartridges are very expensive for what little you get out of them.
on 25 May 2015
I purchased one of these, my decision was mainly because of the wireless ability - but we were never able to make it work so had to rely on cable connection. It wasn't a big problem though, because the printer failed completely. We had a replacement that was quite different to the first Advent printer but that has given up too. Needless to say this was when I really needed it the most, not to mention the supply of ink I don't expect to ever be able to use. Although the second printer was of different design, both faults were the same ie sudden and complete loss of power.

Needless to say, I don't recommend it.
on 10 September 2014
Won't operate without Colour ink, and like other printers, ink dries up and blocks up the print-heads, so eventually printer ceases to function. Had to take mine back for a exchange and same thing happened to the new one.

Advent black ink is very expensive at £19 a pop, Colour is a right rip-off at £26!
on 18 August 2015
Cheap printer, works well fora while then the print head blocks and prints are horribly lined and fade.
Drinks ink like a fish. Can't afford the cartridges at £19 and £26 very often.
Thinking very seriously about replacing it with a better brand and model.

Anonymous.
on 13 April 2013
The ink on this printer is very expenssive, so after I bought my first set of new ink cartridges, I made a point of never printing in colour. Even though I have not once printed in colour, it still says my colour cartridge is out of ink. It won't print anything, not even in black and white. The ink cartridges have some sort of chip in them, making it imposible to fool the printer into thinking that you've replaced them. It's a con. I'm throwing this printer away, even though it works, so that I can get one that costs less than a pound a page to print.
on 23 July 2015
Advent does suck. costly ink, doesn't last at all. can't print without colour. basically what everyone else on here is saying. AVOID ADVENT at ALL COST!!!!
on 7 April 2014
Junk, the worst of Chinese rubbish available - cheap because it doesn't work. No longer available thanks god - only from discount centres