on 3 February 2014
Who would have thought a shaker bottle could change my life?!
I had a crappy one for ages and I used to wrestle with the darn lid that didn't fit properly, every day. Some days it would pretend to be sealed but then spit protein shake all over me during shaking...just for laughs.
I can't believe how good this shaker bottle is (or that I'm actually raving about a plastic bottle...lol) but it really is a world of difference. This one feels really strong and well constructed, but very light in the hand. It's super easy to screw and unscrew due to larger 'teeth' at the mouth of the bottle, and rubber grips on both pieces. It's also super easy to wash out as the mouth is so wide you can fit your hand inside to get at it with the sponge. So simple, and it makes you wonder why they're not all designed this way. I'm going to buy another in the smaller size.
A note on size: the large size really is large. Larger than I need to make a 250ml drink with 2 scoops of whey... is it's for use by one person (ie. you're using it to make 1 drink at a time) the small size would probably be best for most people.
on 13 January 2017
I've had my 28oz bottle for around 2 years now, maybe more. I purchased this one after losing my first (20oz) bottle by leaving it on the bus. It's lasted longer than any other shaker bottle, but now it's starting to leak, the screw fit isn't as good as it is when new, so if the bottle is horizontal in my bag it will drip slowly, especially if the liquid isn't ice cold. I use it for a pre-workout pre-gym, some water and BCAA's during, and a protein shake + water post-gym, 4-5 times a week, so I feel like it has done well. I've often cleaned it in a glass wash, or soaked it in renovate powder to help keep it clean, but now it's getting to the point where nothing will quite get it rid of that typical 'smell'. The rubber collar around the neck is starting to wear slightly loose, but the actual cap is still reassuringly snappy and tight, something that other bottles overlook.

Doesn't quite get 5-stars, due to the leak, and also, the Prostak containers that are used for the other blender bottle, are a bit too big for this shape bottle, the neck is too narrow, so sometimes I'll spill a bit of protein powder. I know it's not really supposed to be used with those containers, but for something that is of the same brand, I'd personally expect them to be more uniform.

Hey, for just over a tenner, it's well worth it. The bottle is well made, with a hard plastic that hasn't warped, and the cap snaps shut, you know when it's closed, no paranoia with it leaking in your kit bag. I'll be buying my third one very soon.
review image review image
on 18 March 2014
I have enjoyed using this shaker bottle. It's a good size, so you can for a lot of liquid in there. Perfect for any protein or weight gainer shakes as it is an adequate size for them.

How about the shakers abilities though?
This is where it looses the star for me. Sometimes the small wire ball struggles to fully mix up the thicker shakes so your left with some lumps. I found that if you place the liquid in before the powder, if it's protein or such shakes you are making, then it does seem to mix better. The only other way is to shake for a considerable length of time. They do come out nice and smooth eventually. Apart from that it is a good sturdy and handy piece of kit. Even good as just an normal water bottle.
Dishwasher safe, strong plastic, so even if you drop it it should be fine, with non slip side grips and a rubber lid to help with the unscrewing.

Good shaker bottle. Recommended.
on 8 October 2016
I own this in two colours/sizes: red 28oz and black 20oz. I bought the larger bottle to encourage me to drink more water, not fully realising how large it would be! I was pleased with the quality, so bought the smaller size in black. Like the larger bottle, it's fully water-tight and dishwasher proof. The only fault is the colour: it's really difficult to measure liquid as you can barely see the waterline!
In any other colour, this would be perfect.
on 29 November 2016
Best... Shaker... Ever...

Had a few shakers in the past that all have leaked.. This one hasn't, not once.

It's really solid and is a good size for taking to and from the gym.

It's not the cheapest shaker but after reading reviews for it and now having it myself for some time now (I use it minimum 3 times a week btw) I'd definitely recommend it
on 11 June 2014
I bought the sportsmixer to replace a cupboard full of tatty looking water bottles and protein shakers I'd accumulated over the years and am happy to report It works brilliantly as both! The included blender ball mixes powders much more effectively than a plastic grid and also has no issues when I throw a bit of peanut butter into the mix. The wide cup and simple lid clean up nicely and so far haven't begun to smell at all. The whole construction looks fantastic and is very high quality which I feel more than justifies the price tag. My only issue is that some of the print on the side has worn off a bit in the areas where I hold it, a minor flaw I feel.

I now have 3 of these and they go with me everywhere, usually with someone asking where I got t from. Top purchase!
on 20 September 2016
This was smaller than I was expecting. The 20 oz version does not display 20 oz on the measuring scale and only goes up to 17 oz. Refer to the same product on Amazon USA for a more accurate description which makes this clear. Protein shakes therefore did not mix as well as my previous 600ml shakers as there is not enough room inside

Also whoever did the conversion to ml in the product description got it wrong - a quick check on google shows that 20 oz is 568ml not 590ml.
on 7 August 2015
I bought this because my old shaker was leaking. This one is a great size, perfect for holding water during your workout, and for a massive protein shake afterwards. The seal is fantastic, and I've had absolutely no leaking. Sure, the cap can be a little tough to open, but it's perfectly bearable, and I'm quite thankful it's so tightly sealed!

My only gripe is that the bottle is a little thin, so fitting your hand in to clean the bottle with a sponge isn't possible. But if you use a scrubber, or if you have a sponge on a handle, then you can easily work around that.

Hands down the best shaker I've owned, would recommend.
on 22 January 2015
I use this for a raw meal shake and the ball is the reason I bought it. It gets through the clumps in my shake and ensures a good mix before drinking. The size is sufficient for my needs. The bottle has grippy textured section which makes it slightly nicer to hold.

The lid is quite firm and you have to be careful to make sure its closed properly or it will flip open spewing its contents everywhere.
on 31 July 2017
Love this Blenderbottle. The colour is great and the bottle looks a lot more stylish than many shaker bottles and feels high quality. The lid is very secure and has never come undone while shaking, the shake is always well mixed and the bottle is comfortable to drink from. Very happy and will probably buy another as back up. Great quality bottle!