VINE VOICEon 28 June 2009
This little book is not just a beginners guide to twitter. As someone who loves twitter and has used it for 6 months it enlightened me about many aspects of twitter protocol and pointed me to online tools like twitpix and tweet deck etc that make it more fun to use.

There's advice on who to follow, celeb users, twitter jargon, user stereotypes and a short history of its rapid ascendancy as a social networking site- such as when Stephen Fry took it mainstream with his famous `stuck in a lift' tweet.

It's written with a sense of humour, and as a quick reference guide it's a perfect summary of what twitter is all about, and how you can join in without making a faux pas.
on 19 May 2009
If like me, you can't justify the time it takes to "research" something online because you're easily distracted... this kind of thing is the ideal catch-up-in-bed read. You can be safe from the allure of banner ads and teaser copy!

Laugh at the celebrity Twitter accounts it mentions (and you'll probably end up following a few too).

It's a how-to, how-not-to and a de-mystifier, all in 160 pages. If you can't think what to twitter - it makes suggestions and prompts on how to get past Twitter-block. If you're bit twitter-happy, it highlights some useful tips on discretion too ;o)
on 18 May 2009
Everyone is talking about Twitter...........and I did not have a clue - this book was just what I needed.
Am up and tweeting now!
Very amusing little book which has a mixture of practical information on the actual process of Tweeting and some funny information in as well - classic books in Twitter form is really funny!
on 9 April 2011
As a newcomer to twitter I found this book useful, but as I've begun to find my way around I suspect it may need updating - things move so quickly.

If you have no idea where to start this may help, but it has to be said there are some very good tuition sites on line for free.
on 5 January 2012
Ok, keen to jump on the twitter band wagon, I purchased this book as it has had favourable reviews. I was horrified to learn that I read it inside of 10 minutes and it tells you NOT ONE THING more about twitter than a google search or twitter's help page would. To say it is 'brief' is a massive understatement. There are no references to hashtags, cropping URLS in your tweets ( though these are done automatically), how to add an image to a tweet...absolutely NOTHING that twitter's own (and FREE) FAQ will tell you. If you want a grounding of twitter, then AVOID this pathetic little book...£3 isn't much but I felt really really shortchanged. There are better free twitter guides online and I am willing to bet my mortgage that any of the other tutorial books out there are a hundred times better than this pathetic ''guide''.

Waste £3 or so at your own risk.
on 26 February 2011
This truly is a little book but it is a good introduction. Sometimes content is sacrificed for humour but it does make for light hearted reading.

It would be good if they developed the idea and did a little book of twitter for business. I'd definitely buy that.
on 21 September 2013
Tried my best to follow the instructions given here and was immediately met with a message from Twitter saying there was a technical fault and 'please try later.' When I resumed I had endless trouble with giving my providers details and kept having my password rejected. The site would not give me all the information I needed to start the ball rolling and I'm afraid that being older than Stephen Fry and not having his brain power I have had to give up and turn to something more interesting like a good book.

Was this the author of this book's fault? Probably not, but he is very gung ho and makes no mention of any difficulties that arise on the setting up and at the end of this I merely feel a bit thick.

Mac Tanner
on 10 May 2013
This isn't really intended as an in depth analysis of everything Twitter, and it does its' job of getting a newcomer up to speed excellently. The jokes (albeit not necessarily side-splitting) are timeless and help to aptly display concepts or connect with readers.

At this price, it's great as a gift for that person who admits they "don't really get" Twitter (and I've ordered one exactly for this purpose!)
on 12 January 2013
This book is a nice way to get started from 0 w Twitter. But its ambition level is not high and once started it is impossible to get inspired by it. Just a bit more effort on layout and design and it would have been a completely different experience.
on 3 February 2014
good, practical advice for technophobes like me. have so far registered on twitter but not tweeted as yet.
will have to get going to aid my business profile