on 15 September 2017
Comes with absolutely no instructions on how to get started. It needs a network to set it up but you can't get the instructions for connecting to a network until you have set it up. Needs another computer to find all the information. Once set up it isn't all that bad but the operating system crashes out quite frequently. Also the operating system is very slow though stand alone apps do seem to work OK. The default Google apps are not really removable so a lot of memory is used for apps that I will never use. Still it was quite cheap.
on 9 January 2013
I am delighted with this tablet. I wanted it in order to listen to 'listen again' radio 4, which it allows easily and with all choices - eg fast forward, pause etc. the only downside is that the sound isn't loud enough to be heard above eg running taps, whirring fans and other kitchen noises. My attempts to rmedy this with speakers were fruitless as the sound from the speakers was less loud than the tablet itself! No doubt I will get around to making use of other features of this tablet, but meantime it is doing everything I want it to.
on 1 January 2013
To be frank, since i work at home and am always at my desktop, I didn't really NEED a tablet. But then I thought, well I DO travel and am not ALWAYS at my desktop, so why not?!?

Once I got a tiny hiccup sorted out with my WiFi at home,I have NEVER looked back.

I am amazed at the "user-friendliness" of the Nexus. I had thought my desktop was by best buddy, now I seem to have two best buddies, but they get along very well together - it's as if my Nexus is my desktop on the road!

Well done, you have an A1 satisfied customer - and I am telling all my friends about it!

Thank you.

Simon
on 30 April 2017
Great for fast delivery
on 8 March 2016
good tablet but not great internal memory very low and you can't expand it at all so yeah it's fair for the price
on 26 March 2013
Does exactly what it is meant for. A nice compact media player with access to plenty of Android apps. A nice piece of kit for the price.
on 16 March 2013
an excellent product which does everything that i wanted it to do - quick and very easy to use - highly recomend
on 26 September 2012
Wanted to give this tablet 5 stars because it really does what it says on the box.

But be warned. They have a hardware fault currently in a high proportion of these units. The screen turns off and will not turn back on without turning off and back on. The screen will stop working at any point, surfing, movies, gaming anything.

Google service department is excellent and they will try to do a hardware reset, in my case this did not work. I then ordered a new unit from google, they send a replacement unit whilst you have the other, this will get authorised against your card but not charged unless you do not send the old unit back.

Performance is superb. Mass Effect, Dead Space and other Tegra 3 games run without a hitch and fast.

Netflix works brilliantly, spend more time watching this in bed than TV.

Google play store is excellent and the range of apps, books is huge (kindle app runs fine).

Chrome is excellent, syncing my iphone, laptop and now nexus.

I'm glad I bought it even though it failed to work first time.

Brilliant alrounder and a brilliant price.
on 24 October 2012
This device is absolutely brilliant. Perfect size, the quad core cpu gives Android Jelly Bean (4.1) Operating System plenty of power to zip along and the screen is a good size and resolution... but what's with the £200+ price tag for an 8GB model?

As of next week (29th October) the 8GB model will be discontinued. The current 16GB model will drop from it's usual price of £200 to £159 (what the 8GB should cost!) and a new 32GB model is being released for the £200 that the 16GB currently costs.

I highly recommend this device but not from Amazon if the sellers here are going to charge such ridiculous prices. You can get them from the Google Play Store at the price they should be! (among other places) Just hold out until after 29th October for the 32GB version. :)

Amazon - the item is already for sale on here so why not make some money from it yourself rather than let your users be ripped off like this? The Kindle etc may be good but aren't to everyone's taste so a little choice would be nice. :)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 September 2012
Many reviewers have rated the tablet 1 star because its cheaper elsewhere.

I agree it is better to buy it elsewhere for a significant cost saving but the actual tablet deserves a 5 not a 1 star rating.

Until this tablet previous Android tablets have been disappointing to compared to my iPad. I found them sluggish or simply less easy to use than my iPad.

I really wanted them to work as the iPad version 3 is quite heavy for holding long periods. Which is why I have bought so far 3 7 inch Android tablets.

My last was a Samsung Tab 7.7. Good specs and felt like a quality tablet. At the time I paid over £400!
However the screen I found a bit too "colourful" and it went slightly odd colours if held at an angle. It also felt sluggish compared to my iPad.
I waited and waited for an Android 4 update to it but that never happened! In the end it went in to the back of a cupboard and not been used since.

It was back to the iPad and arm ache.

But then I saw the Nexus 7. Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean - reasonable specs and an amazingly low price ( on other site its as little as £159 )

As it was reasonably cheap I took a risk and bought one and I have to say its brilliant!

The thing runs smoothly - no juddering or slow scrolling of the interface. Everything loads quick. Its almost as good as my iPad and because it weighs much less its replaced my iPad.

I just want it for email and web browsing so my needs are limited. The lack of a quality back camera is not an issue for me, nor is the lack of 3g.

It feels like a quality tablet - you'd not know it was a bargain base tablet. Screen colours are subtle rather than bold but I really don't notice.

Lack of SD card support is a shame but not the end of the world if you have limited needs like I do. I did however buy the 16gb model - 8gb may be a little too small.

Also includes a £15 Google Play Store voucher - making it even more of a bargain.