Customer reviews

Topp Family Secrets
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.10

on 1 January 2013
Still reading this but when I tried to add it on Goodreads, it was listed under another author-Anne Moore-and it's the same story as the description on the cover pictured is right. On here it's only listed under Michael Allen. So I'm confused !!

Finished now and it was very,very good but there needs to be a sequel since it ended so suddenly. I read at the end the author's written under pen-names in the past so that cleared up that confusion, I think !!
It's set in the 1930's through till the late 1950's and is about a girl called Grace and her sons and how and why they were conceived. I did feel very cheated it ended so soon, though, and sort of skipped past important events in the family with nary a backward glance.In parts it could have been describing the lifestyle of John Haigh when it discussed the character of Ernest and the way he lived.
Just past 50% into the book words started being missed out here and there which became annoying. It's like the editor had enough and couldn't be bothered to edit the second half properly !
All in all, I really liked it. A great story.
on 19 August 2013
I did enjoy this book. It was humorous in parts, and the writer gave a good insight into the lives of the various characters. However, as stated by another reviewer, it came to a very abrupt ending hence my reason for only giving it 4 stars. This may well be due to the fact that there is a sequel planned, but not withstanding this, there was no real conclusion to the book and I was left wondering about Peter's time in New York, and how the army's influence was shaping Eddie's future. Will they meet up again in the coming years?
on 8 May 2013
Downloaded as a Freebie, and am not disappointed with it
A thoroughly enjoyable book....
Easy to read, yet kept me glued throughout....
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 April 2013
Read this a few weeks ago to tell the truth I can not recall the story, one of the joys of being dezlexic!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse