on 2 April 2013
I was very disaapointed by the Kindle edition. Articles were badly headed and, for an "Illustrated" title there was very little illustration. I am sure that the hard copy version (if there is one) would be better, but for Kindle, not really suited.
on 11 December 2012
It was great to be able to re-live most of the articles in this book. I'm not old enough (62) to be able to remember the oldest. I found it fascinating to record how jobs were accomplished in the early days of the railway.
on 2 September 2013
Full of nostalgia and of interest to anyone interested in history and railways, I may have read some of the later articles when I bought a copy of the magazine, but not kept the original, Interesting to see the changes in the way these articles were written over the years, well worth the book
on 20 December 2012
As a child of the more modern railway era, being around at the end of steam and spending my formative years in the diesel age, I found the articles both interesting and informative.
on 16 May 2013
The Best of The Railway Magazine (Illustrated) A terrific historical resource from the gold standard of transport publishing. An essential for my reference library.
on 9 August 2013
It was quite interesting but seemed to dwell for to long on what seemed to me on minor things but the descriptions on railway journeys especially in Scotland were very good.
on 26 July 2014
Excellent collection of articles from past Railway Magazines. Look forward to more volumes.
on 8 May 2013
I like this sort of book as i like busses and it had a lot of busses in there that i like to read about