on 31 May 2013
I have read all three books in this series so far and none disappoint.

This one introduces the main players for the series, as well as the world they reside in.
All the elements - angels, imps, humans, elves, demons - may sound a little random, a little thrown together, but they aren't.

There is a logic to how they interact and their world hangs together. It is based on a mixture of old myth with a twist- angels are, pretty much, as bad as the demons (only they have a superiority complex).

The humour and great characters in this series kept me reading for hours without voluntary break. The series is also well written with only the very occasional typo. Give it a go (as long as you're not offended by the odd, sizzling sex scene).
33 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2017
Wow I didn't think I would enjoy this book as much as I did. Good storyline, strong characters and lots of laugh out loud moments. I really liked the two main characters and they're complete opposites to each other so they bounce of each other all the time. There was a lot of talking about sex but no actual sex happened tho they did try lol. I think I'll definitely buy book 2 in the series I'm definitely committed to the characters I can't wait to see what happens next.
on 24 September 2013
When I sat down to read this I was half expecting the usual urban fantasy heroine: damaged with social issues and the obligatory hard-ass snide comments which make us laugh and love the character despite her attitude. Sam (our demon protagonist) is a refreshing change from the 'good' heroines of other series, Debra Dunbar has done an excellent job of bringing to life a character who we somehow end up cheering on - even while she gleefully describes ripping apart humans or worse, 'Owning' them.

The setting of this series is in a world much like our own, but with the main players being angels on one side and demons on the other, Earth being the buffer zone. Angels are pretty much running the show on Earth and kill off demons who sneak in for their holidays. There are the usual individual tweaks that authors make to folklore to create their own story setting, which in this case I think work well to provide an interesting world. There is of course a romantic side to the story, I won't go into this too much as I don't want to give away any spoilers, the love interests are actually interesting people and any action is not just focussed on cringe-worthy descriptions of anatomy etc. the romance is not all soul-searching and debating whether things are right - she is a demon! Sam has a wonderful way with words and loves making people uncomfortable (frequently being naked in front of one character for example), she is very impish - her antics and impulsiveness just made me laugh out loud so often. The attitude and decisions don't feel forced to fit either, Sam makes convincing decisions and you don't spend your time thinking "why on Earth did she just do that? why not just do this instead?!"

There were a couple of issues I had but the main problem was an editing one - a noticeable number of errors (usually pluralisations or the odd word repeated where a sentence had been rearranged) - the errors didn't often detract from the flow of the story so unless you have a particular hate of editing errors then I would say that you won't have a problem with the book. The only other notable issue I had was a plot one, it crops up in book 2, I don't remember a certain character being privy to knowing Sam was a demon. I will admit though that I stayed up very late reading so I may have missed something in my rush to the next page, so sorry if I am wrong! I'd also like to point out that some of the description is a bit gruesome and may be a little disturbing to some, but if you take it with a pinch of salt you'll see the humour in it (not quite Scary Movie but you get the idea).

As you may have guessed, I really enjoyed reading this book and have already finished book 2 (isn't it always a wonderful feeling to know the next book is already published?). So enjoy a guilty pleasure and give this book ago!
on 10 April 2016
Really enjoyed this story was a great start to a series I'm looking forward to Reading, I loved the fact that Sam was so bad ass and in unshamingly evil was very refreshing ,liked Wyatt and candy but am rooting for Gregory as him and his cockroach ( had a right giggle at that ) would in my opinion make a fab duo looking forward to seeing what this series brings .
on 28 May 2017
Inventive, exciting, dramatic. From the first page, I was hooked. The fact that it was written in the first person made it more exciting, more fun. It had laugh out loud moments, it buzzed with life and energy and anarchy. I loved the writing style, the humour, the characterisation, the scene setting, in short, the whole thing. Excellent, I want more, bring it on.
on 19 February 2016
I wasn't sure about this to start with but I quickly warmed up to the story. Admittedly, a lot of my excitement with this was the love interests and her reactions to them as an Imp, wanting to get them into bed and do naughty stuff to them a lot of the time. I'm very intrigued as to what will happen later on in this series with Gregory and also with Wyatt.

I definitely want to read the next book!
on 13 May 2017
So nice when the main character is a tough woman who does what the hell she wants and enjoys some bad behaviour. I thought it was impressive to create a character that does not have many typically appealing features but have them still be so likeable. Although a little slow in parts I really enjoyed reading this and will be sure to download the rest of the series
on 23 August 2017
Great series of books... I love the Demon Imp spin its good to read a book from the BAD side... although she lacks empathy still manages to be both wicked, and devilishly good... Enjoy
on 24 September 2014
I struggled to get into this book, several times I was going to give up. I feel there is a good story there, but in my opinion it's surrounded by too much information that's not needed.
I stuck it out as I hate leaving a book half read, it took me well into 3/4 of the way through to get really into it.
Lynn
on 19 January 2017
I really enjoyed this book, well written and with humour. Looking forward to reading more in the series.