Style Name: Galaxy S3|Change
Price:£5.95 - £19.66

on 27 October 2012
IMPORTANT UPDATE 18/03/13

Following a recent firmware upgrade the dock now works with certain variants of the S3.

To find out if the dock will work on your phone go to:

SETTINGS > ABOUT DEVICE > BASEBAND VERSION

If your baseband version is I9300XXEMB5 then the dock will work on your phone.

Black Flag

The iBolt (Samsung Galaxy S3)car dock has a VERY serious problem.

This dock is NOT currently compatible with Android 4.1.1 OR 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

Samsung have disabled car dock functioning on their UK Jelly Bean release so this product is, to all intents and purposes, utterly useless.

Now that Samsung have upgraded all their Galaxy S3 phones to Jelly Bean the iBolt car dock is no longer fit for the purpose for which it was sold.
Currently, the only way to get this device to work with a Samsung Galaxy S3 would involve flashing a new kernel and therefore invalidating the phone warranty.

The only way that this product will be of any practical use will be when Samsung themselves issue a software update that encompasses a fix for this issue.
A fix from Samsung could take weeks or months.

To check if your Samsung Galaxy S3 is running android 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:

Go to SETTINGS > ABOUT DEVICE > ANDROID VERSION.

If you are running Jelly Bean do NOT purchase this product.

EDIT: If you are not running Jelly Bean, you probably soon will be so I advise you to hold off purchasing for the time being.

Furthermore, this product does not include the means to connect to a standard 12v car cigarette adaptor. The included connector is for USB input and requires the expense of purchasing a further adaptor to connect to a cigarette lighter connection in a vehicle.

In summary, avoid purchasing ANY car dock products for the Samsung Galaxy S3 until this issue is rectified.
I suggest contacting Samsung regarding this issue.
You can reach them here: [...]
1717 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2014
A well made, solid dock for the HTC ONE X. Uses a substantial plastic insert if you do no have a case on the phone so it fits perfectly. I have a gel case on mine so I removed this and added 2 sticky foam pads to make the phone fit perfectly firm and level. If you have a thicker case, do not add the pads. Phone slots onto the connector and is held very securely by the base and top clamp. The Sucker sticks to the window very securely and the short solid arm and ball socket do not allow the phone to bounce around on less than super smooth roads. I have mine positioned 1mm above the dash and it never rattles against it. Dropping the phone in automatically fires up the car app that puts in into landscape mode, if horizontal and presents short cuts to normally useful phone and audio apps. I need to see if I can modify this for my preferred apps.

Only reservation I have is about the strain put on the phones connector as the one in the dock is solid and vibration and taking the phone out may put strain on it and eventually break it. Not done so yet after a week of use, but we will see. Its a company phone so I can afford to be experimental with it.
Overall a very well made piece of kit and it works well.
on 22 April 2015
amazing!! this is a great docking station for my iphone, plugs straight into my car stereo using usb and charges, also displays what track it plays on radio, the sound is 20% better than from ciggy lighter, well worth 5 stars and more, packaging and delivery was top too.thanks
on 7 May 2015
Great item, especially for the price, allows me to use my phone in its case, which most do not. Only thing is it does not come with the lead to link to your car to get the power to charge, which I was expecting, since its a charging dock. Still great value though.
on 5 March 2014
This item arrived on time, excellently packaged and very easy to fit. My HTC One X fits perfectly (I don't have a hard case fitted so can't say about the fit then) and is easy to get the device in and out very easily.
The suction mount is extremely good - tried fitting to the dash and windscreen - no problems with either and very secure.
on 14 November 2012
The fact that it allows you to dock your phone with its cover on says it all! I've got my phone covered in Invisible Shield which just messed up docking on HTC's original car dock so had to sell it. Glad I bought this one.
on 15 February 2013
was debating whether the extra investment would pay off, but glad i did pay a bit more for this. The plastics used are good quality, the removable part that allows phone cases to be left on is a good design feature. The suction mount works well, I have not had to re mount yet - something I used to have to do a few times a month with a previous cheaper product. In the box is an alcohol wipe to prepare your dash if you want to mount to that which is a nice added bonus. I'm using mine for a HTC One X+ which fits well using with a case mate tough case B007IZ6FAY (also recommended :)) 5 star if a usb cable was provided in the box, bit of a joke really for this price not including it.
on 20 October 2012
The cradle holds your one x securely although you will need two hands to do this. As soon as it is in the charged it automatically goes into car mode switching bluetooth on etc. Likewise when you remove it reverts to normal mode. The suction cup arm is short however so for my vehicle fixing it to the windscreen was not an option. I used the supplied self adhesive disc which I fixed to a tray on top of my dashboard. This was not however as described 'vibration free' but I managed to fix this by applying pads to the bottom of the cradle which I then had to adjust to rest firmly against the dash as well. This has solved the vibration. I already had a charging cable which fitted the dock although it seems to be more designed for LHD vehicles as the cable exits the dock to the right, not a great problem but it looks a little messy. I chose this as I had the htc 'ball' dock for my previous phone and didn't like it much. For me this is better.
on 6 March 2013
Best In-Car dock I have had so far for my last three phones. Absolutely rock solid and I have a car with little suspension so very pleased with its performance :)
on 10 November 2012
I bought this 3 weeks ago and would not power the phone from the short connector lead once in S3, but worked with partners Galaxy Ace on Froyo, emailed ibolt and at present they have got it working on Jelly Bean on sprint in USA, but not international version yet. Shame as product is good, once issue sorted will review again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse