on 19 December 2015
A really gripping story that I found difficult to put down. Full of cliffhangers and a brilliant twist at the end. I read 'Splinter' a while back and loved it. Both books are just slightly unbelievable, but are nevertheless brilliant stories. Highly recommended. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
on 22 November 2015
I couldn't put it down even the fact that I. Had read and enjoyed his other books could not prepare me for this magnificent book. The well described characters and scenes ,on occasions made me wish that I could put it down but I couldn't. I was hooked. Do read it for yourself or you will miss a special book..Thank you.
on 28 August 2014
This one of those books that keeps you guessing right to to the last few pages of the book.
It's full of suspense, twists and turns all the way through. The characters are well written and you do empathise with the main one and the premise that he is looking for a serial killer on a stop watch is not something I have come across in a book before although it has been done in films before. ie speed. I read this in a few nights it would have been quicker but I have been bogged down by the lurgie.
This is the first book I have read by this author and it most certainly won't be the last. would recommend to those who love a good thriller.
on 22 August 2014
Strange for a novel's chapters to be numbered in reverse and to be honest I can't, even now, decide whether it was entirely necessary. An unusual tale of father's love (or not) for his children. Clearly we are supposed to think that Alexander either has an evil twin or is a sufferer of dissociative identity disorder, but by half way through the story, I was beginning to have another suspect in mind, however I was wrong so well done the author for keeping up the tension to the very end...or was it the end?
on 3 December 2014
This book was different to those I normally prefer to read. Sometimes I found it a bit confusing as it flitted back and forth but it was still gritty compelling reading. I couldn't wait to find out who'd done it and you don't know until right at the end. Not to give anything away it is well worth reading and I thoroughly enjoyed it and you will be surprised just who did it. Brilliant.
on 17 February 2016
This is the third book by this author and probably the most straightforward. That is not to say that the author doesn't throw in plenty of twists just to mess you about. This is an excellent book which moves at a fast pace and keeps you wanting to turn the page to find out what happens next.
on 28 December 2013
I bought this when it was on offer for kindle, as I often do, and really enjoyed it. It's very fast paced, and I read it very quickly. The characters were developing well, and you felt an affinity towards them, but it loses a star for me because I felt they were not quite finished, or deep enough. It rushes through to the end and could have probably coped with being a little longer so that the ideas and characters could have been explored more fully. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and would certainly recommend it as a riveting read.
on 14 January 2014
Wow what an ending didn't see that one. This book from start to finish was a truly gripping read. I would recommend reading . There where a few translation errors but it can be forgiven for such a thrilling book. Not going to ruin it unlike some reviewers who drone on and on about what happens, you've read the synopsis that's all you need then start reading.. Love the authors style of writing a refreshing change. Will defiantly look out for other books of his to read.
I love a crime story that is a little different so when you add high octane action, fast paced prose and of course a hero that you've your own doubts about, you know that its going to be one hell of a ride. That and more is what I got from this translated title brought to the British market by Corvus.

Add to this some cracking twists and whilst in places a little predictable the whole title works quite well. My only real grumble is that I do wonder if part of the thing that let it down were problems with the translation as in places I could think of several words that would have fit better. Even so, a great story and one I was pleased I took the time to enjoy.
on 30 October 2013
Absolutely loved this book it had my heart beating crazily and I ended up with big bags under my eyes as I couldn't put it down, I was thoroughly intrigued to find out who the eye collector was. Also, I have never read a book like this, starting with the plot and how it was written, and then how the author wrote the last chapter first. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read murder, mystery, suspense thrillers. Fantastic!