• Skype

1,053

on 5 August 2016
Lets me call and message friends for free and apart from the odd call drop and whatever, usually due to WiFi issues then there is no problem. Only thing is I can't join group calls as apparently I am using an outdated version so I have to be on a call to one person and then they have to add other contacts onto the call in order to make a group call, this was needed every time I was wanted on a group call but I can still message on the group chat, the updated version needs to be made available to amazon fire customers.
on 16 March 2016
This app is great for using skype on my kindle. Takes a minute to load up but in general the new update has fixed everything. It even pops up at the top of the screen when you receive a message!
0Comment| 238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 February 2016
I have used Skype on the PC for a number of years now, and love the product. We use it to keep in touch with the family while on our trips to Spain, and it has saved me a fortune in phone charges. This particular download onto a new tablet varies a bit from the PC version, but seems to function just as well. I would have gone to 5 stars, but there are occasional issues with voice and video on Skype
on 6 January 2016
Clearly the workings of Skype are excellent. Having recently bought a new computer and downloaded a version I find there is not option to change my details which is inconvenient as is the fact that I do not seem to be able to unpin the logo from my task bar - bit like the annoying attempts by various apps that try to take over with annoying pop ups and obscuring the removal options to make it hard for those not in the know.
on 23 April 2014
Despite what others said i downloaded this app and although it is a bit laggy it works and is a great way to video call or just call friends and family and is easy to use!
on 2 October 2013
II am 82 and love to keep in touch with my grandsons. with skype I can not only speak to them but see them as well
on 21 April 2016
this app is so amazing because u can text or Skype people far from u or near from u. I rate 5 stars. Pls get this app.
0Comment| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2016
I love this app so much, great to get in touch with your friends I have friends in america and it so useful to contact them..... But it be even better if it said when the person seen the message or something like that...... Step from that its great whoever reading this you should download it ☺
0Comment| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2014
Skype is easy to use, easy to video chat friends, and there are no problems on my skype account. I would recommend this app anytime!!
on 11 August 2013
I love this, it's so easy to use and can fit into my hand bag, so I was able to keep in contact with my family while on holiday, whenever I could get WI FI.